Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many spark plugs a 2013 636 has. I need to change them today and i don't want to buy to few or too many. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its a noob question lol but i have never bithered to look or ask anyone when i first started. Im not very mechanical

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Oh boy where is riverszzr?? hahaha REALLY MAN??? This has got to be a joke.

But if this is real (I know April is just a few days away) Please get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.
Preferably someone who knows bikes, There a different animal than a car.
You could fuck some stuff up, some costly stuff, Your proly better off taking it to the dealer or repair shop.

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Oh boy where is riverszzr?? hahaha REALLY MAN??? This has got to be a joke.

But if this is real (I know April is just a few days away) Please get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.
Preferably someone who knows bikes, There a different animal than a car.
You could fuck some stuff up, some costly stuff, Your proly better off taking it to the dealer or repair shop.
OP, at the bere minimum, download the shop manual and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Now I'm just being a Devils advocate here, so don't throw me into the inferno for this.... But maybe OP thought there was 2 spark plugs per cylinder? I dunno. But yeah.

Side note... I replaced my plugs a couple weeks ago because it was due. It's pretty easy, just takes a bit of elbow grease to pull the plug caps off. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. Removed the frame fairings, the tank, the air box, and take your time with the plug caps so you don't break them off. But first, download the manual and follow the steps for everything!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me defend myself here a little bit. I have done lots of maintenance on my own bike. none of which i have screwed up. Installed my Bazzaz by myself, changed all my fluids myself, my own exhaust, swapped air filter etc. I'm not a total idiot. But i also don't have a garage or cover where i work on my bike. So i figured instead of taking of my gas tank to check, so i don't have to leave it off outside for a few days, i would just post on here. I am very cautious when i do things and don't like to spend more money than i need too. I have jumped cars several times, but every time i do, i still Google to make sure i got the positives and negative right. It's just who i am. So instead of guessing and being wrong or exposing my bike internals to the harshness of a pollen filled Louisiana, i would just post up here. So if you still shake your head, I don't give a crap. But thanks to the people who have made a short and to the point response.

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
let me defend myself here a little bit. I have done lots of maintenance on my own bike. none of which i have screwed up. Installed my Bazzaz by myself, changed all my fluids myself, my own exhaust, swapped air filter etc. I'm not a total idiot. But i also don't have a garage or cover where i work on my bike. So i figured instead of taking of my gas tank to check, so i don't have to leave it off outside for a few days, i would just post on here. I am very cautious when i do things and don't like to spend more money than i need too. I have jumped cars several times, but every time i do, i still Google to make sure i got the positives and negative right. It's just who i am. So instead of guessing and being wrong or exposing my bike internals to the harshness of a pollen filled Louisiana, i would just post up here. So if you still shake your head, I don't give a crap. But thanks to the people who have made a short and to the point response.
Hey bud, not sure if anybody has mentioned it yet, but did you check the service manual? That should have your answer

LOL! I'm just messing with you bro! Good to see people doing their own maintenance and yes, you're right. Better to be safe!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some people told me they have done it every 2 oil changes, which I feel like might be way too frequent.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
hmm curious, How many miles did you guys go before changing the plugs?
Manual recommends 7500 miles but judging by what people have been reporting about the fairly good condition the plugs have been in that have been coming out of their bikes (2013+) at this interval, I would say safe before 10k. I'm past 7500 and waiting after my next trackday to do them when I return the bike back to street legal. I think I'm at 8500 miles or something like that. We'll see if I'm right as I ride aggressive only canyon riding and track riding, no commuting. So if my stock plugs look good when I swap them, I'll probably do every 10-12k with the new Iridium spark plugs I'll be putting in.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Twice a year with the regular NGK CR9E plug, once a year when I run the Iridium NGK CR9E IX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts