Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ridding my bike the it cut off then I tried to turn it back on the oil light was blinking then I put 4 quarts of oil in it then we I tried to start it the oil and FI ligt blinks help me plss

·
Registered
384 Posts
4 quarts.... man the bike takes 3.1-3.3 quarts; Fix that. This has nothing to do with the oil. Its the throttle, it needs to be adjusted. Also get the recall done. Thats it and you'll be fine

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you saying the bike had no oil in it?

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
I was ridding my bike the it cut off then I tried to turn it back on the oil light was blinking then I put 4 quarts of oil in it then we I tried to start it the oil and FI ligt blinks help me plss
1) DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL
2) Learn how to check the oil -- it has to be vertical, not on the side stand. If you added 4 additional quarts of oil (thereby having 7 and change in the cases) you are in serious danger of damaging the motor if you do manage to get it to start. Drain the oil and re-set it to the correct level. Immediately.
3) Whoever the 'we' is that was helping you with this.... don't consider them a good source of mechanical advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts