Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it's anything like my 13 remove the gas tank, remove air box, it's right under the black rubber splish shield. Disconnect the connector I used a wire to jump one side to the other some shrink tube to seal it up. Remove stock plates I left the reids in, seal with block off plates. Should come with a tube to install in the air box. Complete reinstall air box, gas tank.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Short the connector pins? I see that done and it seems to work. The ECU must sense load and decide all is good before the driver shuts down due to overload.
It's easier on the ECU to insert the leads of a 150 Ohm 2 Watt resistor into the connector. This will prevent a MIL and load current will be less than half that of the air injection solenoid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Short the connector pins? I see that done and it seems to work. The ECU must sense load and decide all is good before the driver shuts down due to overload.
It's easier on the ECU to insert the leads of a 150 Ohm 2 Watt resistor into the connector. This will prevent a MIL and load current will be less than half that of the air injection solenoid.
Something you can pick up at radio shack? Don't get me wrong I am not a big fan of shorting the connector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there a kit available for the 2013? I don't mind spending a few bucks for something professional. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I literally jut did this to my 2011 last weekend. With drivens block off plates. To fix the connector get this.

08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Kawasaki ZX 10R ZX10 ZX10R Pair Valve Fi Light Removal Plug | eBay

It does work for zx6rs. If you look on bike bandit or something it's the same parts for zx6 and zx10. The seller is awesome and let know everything I had to know. He also sells a plug and play for 15. But to replace the connectors is easy

·
Registered
97 Posts
I literally jut did this to my 2011 last weekend. With drivens block off plates. To fix the connector get this.

08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Kawasaki ZX 10R ZX10 ZX10R Pair Valve Fi Light Removal Plug | eBay

It does work for zx6rs. If you look on bike bandit or something it's the same parts for zx6 and zx10. The seller is awesome and let know everything I had to know. He also sells a plug and play for 15. But to replace the connectors is easy
Is this just a plug that shorts the connector?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Is there a kit available for the 2013? I don't mind spending a few bucks for something professional. Thanks

I think you should try to make your own, it's extremely easy. All you need is a piece of tube to connect the valves, a rubber cap for the airbox and a paperclip to bridge the sensor.

If you don't want to make one, then any blockoff plate from 09 and up will work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had my ecu flashed by leeperformance, and he said i need to do this or i will get a FI light, my question is since i had the ecu flashed theres no need to for me to jump any connectors?????

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2013 btw

·
Registered
393 Posts
What does that do? Performance increase?
Pollutes the earth/kills more trees lol. Elimantes back fire(I still get some), smooths out the throttle, also gets ride of tubes and extra weight. Not sure if there is any actually performance added.

Something you can pick up at radio shack? Don't get me wrong I am not a big fan of shorting the connector.
Dang it!! I just cut the connector off and hooked up the wires together with a metal connect thing device object. No light.

i had my ecu flashed by leeperformance, and he said i need to do this or i will get a FI light, my question is since i had the ecu flashed theres no need to for me to jump any connectors?????
If your getting rid of the smog plates you well be left with an open connector that was connected to the smog pump thing. That's why they're saying you have to jump it

·
Registered
55 Posts
oh okay theres a senor connected to the actually smog pump thing is what your saying? do you have a picture of you the wires you cut and slpiced together?

·
Registered
178 Posts
2013 636 here.
I'm looking for a cheap and easy alternative solution and am thinking:
How about if i leave the whole bit intact and not remove it at blocking plate fitting join.
Just disconnect the pipe at the air box end and plug that end of the hose with a screw?
Anyone know would that get the result?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did u guy leave the reeds in or take them out???

·
Registered
55 Posts
So i put on my smog blocks and I gotta say its way easier then I thought.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts