Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on guys. First off I'd like to apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section as this is my first post. I browse from time to time but I decided to turn to you guys for some well needed advice.

About a month ago I ended up flipping my 2010 ZX6R on a quick stop :bawling: Her gas tank took quite a beating and the fairings have seen better days. Thanks to the Old Gods and the New, I only came out with a broken wrist. Since then I've been looking high and low for a used gas tank with little to no luck for my specific year as well as for the fairings. I'm planning on replacing all the plastic and would be willing to change color depending on which fuel tank I get. If I'm not mistaken, 2010 only came out with Black and Red?

I've done quite a bit of research on aftermarket parts (and I can almost guarantee it has been asked multiple times so forgive me) and was wondering what are your thoughts for those who have aftermarkets? Colors match? Bad fitting? Terrible quality? I've read plenty of horror stories dealing with aftermarkets and I'd prefer oem parts but not trying to pay an arm and a leg either.

I'm by no means a bike expert so I'm all ears on recommendations! :eatcorn

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
What's going on guys. First off I'd like to apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section as this is my first post. I browse from time to time but I decided to turn to you guys for some well needed advice.

About a month ago I ended up flipping my 2010 ZX6R on a quick stop :bawling: Her gas tank took quite a beating and the fairings have seen better days. Thanks to the Old Gods and the New, I only came out with a broken wrist. Since then I've been looking high and low for a used gas tank with little to no luck for my specific year as well as for the fairings. I'm planning on replacing all the plastic and would be willing to change color depending on which fuel tank I get. If I'm not mistaken, 2010 only came out with Black and Red?

I've done quite a bit of research on aftermarket parts (and I can almost guarantee it has been asked multiple times so forgive me) and was wondering what are your thoughts for those who have aftermarkets? Colors match? Bad fitting? Terrible quality? I've read plenty of horror stories dealing with aftermarkets and I'd prefer oem parts but not trying to pay an arm and a leg either.

I'm by no means a bike expert so I'm all ears on recommendations! :eatcorn
Any 09-15 tank will fit. As far as the fairings if you get the full set you can go with 09-15 fairings as well.

I say full set because you can't swap fairings between generations (09-12 & 13-15)

The biggest difference between the two generations are the tank panels. The 13-15 have a bracket that bolts into the side of the tank for the panels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any 09-15 tank will fit. As far as the fairings if you get the full set you can go with 09-15 fairings as well.

I say full set because you can't swap fairings between generations (09-12 & 13-15)

The biggest difference between the two generations are the tank panels. The 13-15 have a bracket that bolts into the side of the tank for the panels.
Thats awesome news on the tank. Didn't know the new gen fairings fit as well. Wouldn't that mean I'd need new headlights to fit the '13 front fairing?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Keep an eye out on forums like wera. When I wrecked mine I got a complete pull off set for cheap. Someone converted there bike to a race bike so they didn't need them.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Thats awesome news on the tank. Didn't know the new gen fairings fit as well. Wouldn't that mean I'd need new headlights to fit the '13 front fairing?
Not sure on that one.. I am 100% certain on everything else because I turned my 13' into a track bike and used an 09' tank with the tank panels and 09-12 track bodywork fit.

Never got around to the headlight because I was dealing with track fairings but the tail lights are different for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts