1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Race Bike
6,398 miles
$4,900

I'm selling my ZX6 that I have owned for the last 4 years. These are the aftermarket parts installed on the bike.

-Ohlins NIX 30 cartridge kit
-Ohlins TTX rear shock with remote hydraulic preload adjuster
-Bazzaz ZFI TC with Quickshifter and map switch
-Full Hindle exhaust system
-Vortex Rear sets
-GB Racing engine covers
-Aftermarket Ohlins steering damper
-BMC air filter
-Motion pro throttle kit
-Armour Bodies Bodywork
-Braking front brake pads
-Superbike unlimited rear brake rotor
-Stainless steel front brake lines
-44t driven rear sprocket

This bike is fully safety wired and ready to ride. It will come with a set SC1 Pirellis with around 30 laps on both the front rear. I have gut the wiring harness to remove unnecessary plugs and to relocate the regulator/rectifier to beneath the undertray. I also have an extra set of wheels that will be available for sale if wanted. Please message me if you are interested. The bike is located near Fargo North Dakota.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Race Bike
6,398 miles

I'm selling my ZX6 that I have owned for the last 4 years. These are the aftermarket parts installed on the bike.

-Ohlins NIX 30 cartridge kit
-Ohlins TTX rear shock with remote hydraulic preload adjuster
-Bazzaz ZFI TC with Quickshifter and map switch
-Full Hindle exhaust system
-Vortex Rear sets
-GB Racing engine covers
-Aftermarket Ohlins steering damper
-BMC air filter
-Motion pro throttle kit
-Armour Bodies Bodywork
-Braking front brake pads
-Superbike unlimited rear brake rotor
-Stainless steel front brake lines
-44t driven rear sprocket

This bike is fully safety wired and ready to ride. It will come with a set SC1 Pirellis with around 30 laps on both the front rear. I have gut the wiring harness to remove unnecessary plugs and to relocate the regulator/rectifier to beneath the undertray. I also have an extra set of wheels that will be available for sale if wanted. Please message me if you are interested. The bike is located near Fargo North Dakota.

View attachment 106158
View attachment 106159
View attachment 106160
View attachment 106161
View attachment 106162 View attachment 106163 View attachment 106164 View attachment 106165 View attachment 106166 View attachment 106167

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
First off...holy garage dude!! I'm jealous of all that space! :D

What is it mapped for since I see there's a A and B map switch?

Is that a 2013-2018 gen ZX6R in the background? If so...honest opinion...which do you like better and what are some pros/cons to each generation? I have had an '09 before, but haven't ridden the newer gens yet.

Reactions: Knotty Boy

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First off...holy garage dude!! I'm jealous of all that space! :D

What is it mapped for since I see there's a A and B map switch?

Is that a 2013-2018 gen ZX6R in the background? If so...honest opinion...which do you like better and what are some pros/cons to each generation? I have had an '09 before, but haven't ridden the newer gens yet.
It just runs pump gas. I bought the map switch to use as a on/off traction control switch.

Yes, that is a 2016 in the background. Just built that one over the winter. Honestly, they feel almost identical mid-corner and on the brakes. Its kind of hard to compare them though as the 2009 has a standard ohlins cartridge kit while the 2016 has a pressurized k tech kit. My 2016 has a thin head gasket and degreed cams. Makes about 13hp more and spins 500rpm faster, thanks to the woolich ecu flash, than the 2009. That is noticeable. Im now entering corners about 5-10 mph faster. It also gives me the ability to run different gearing, which is nice.

Initially after riding the 2016, I almost wanted to switch back to the 09 because I was running about 2 seconds slower than normal. The extra power made it a little more complicated to ride. Had to be more ginger with the throttle. After I did a few more laps, I dropped about 1 second off my PB.

I think the 09 is probably easier to ride but the 636 has more potential. I bought the 636 because I felt I needed a bit of an edge and it definitely has helped. But, now almost everyone in CRA middleweight is using an R6 with MR12 while I still use pump gas so its almost an even match. They still pull on me though.

And btw, thats the old shop, this is the newer one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
It just runs pump gas. I bought the map switch to use as a on/off traction control switch.

Yes, that is a 2016 in the background. Just built that one over the winter. Honestly, they feel almost identical mid-corner and on the brakes. Its kind of hard to compare them though as the 2009 has a standard ohlins cartridge kit while the 2016 has a pressurized k tech kit. My 2016 has a thin head gasket and degreed cams. Makes about 13hp more and spins 500rpm faster, thanks to the woolich ecu flash, than the 2009. That is noticeable. Im now entering corners about 5-10 mph faster. It also gives me the ability to run different gearing, which is nice.

Initially after riding the 2016, I almost wanted to switch back to the 09 because I was running about 2 seconds slower than normal. The extra power made it a little more complicated to ride. Had to be more ginger with the throttle. After I did a few more laps, I dropped about 1 second off my PB.

I think the 09 is probably easier to ride but the 636 has more potential. I bought the 636 because I felt I needed a bit of an edge and it definitely has helped. But, now almost everyone in CRA middleweight is using an R6 with MR12 while I still use pump gas so its almost an even match. They still pull on me though.

Daaaaaamn! Now that's a shop! lol

Those must be some built R6's if they're pulling on you. The 636 with degreed cams, thin head gasket and tuned should be in the mid 120s for power. It takes a well-built SS motor with MR12 for an R6 to get to that.

I was slightly tempted when I saw this cuz it looks to be in good condition and the price is decent, but I kinda want either a race-ready 2013-2018 one, or start from scratch with a brand new 2019/2020 one at the end of this year. I've seen like 3-4 nice ZX6R's pop up for sale in the last couple of weeks, and it pisses me off cuz they're about 2 months early lol The earliest I'll be ready to buy will be sometime in October.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daaaaaamn! Now that's a shop! lol

Those must be some built R6's if they're pulling on you. The 636 with degreed cams, thin head gasket and tuned should be in the mid 120s for power. It takes a well-built SS motor with MR12 for an R6 to get to that.

I was slightly tempted when I saw this cuz it looks to be in good condition and the price is decent, but I kinda want either a race-ready 2013-2018 one, or start from scratch with a brand new 2019/2020 one at the end of this year. I've seen like 3-4 nice ZX6R's pop up for sale in the last couple of weeks, and it pisses me off cuz they're about 2 months early lol The earliest I'll be ready to buy will be sometime in October.
Imo, buying a brand new bike is not ideal. Its harder to find spares and its more expensive. The only way I could personally justify it is if I knew I was going to clean house every weekend.

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
Imo, buying a brand new bike is not ideal. Its harder to find spares and its more expensive. The only way I could personally justify it is if I knew I was going to clean house every weekend.

Totally agree if you're talking financials, but sometimes emotions exceed reason and you just WANT that newest thing. Thankfully by the time I'm ready to buy, the newest gen zx6r will be pretty much 2 seasons old, and it's not really a new model, as it shares most parts with the previous gen. Considering that out of all the bikes I've owned, which includes 2 liter bikes and 3 600s, my current ninja 400 is the 2nd most expensive race bike I've had, at over $12k into it! lol I was one of the first ones around here to get one and since it was such a new model (just several months after release), all the aftermarket parts I got had to be new. But not sure I want to repeat that journey with the 636 so I think I'd rather get a used race-ready one.

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Nice Jeeps, and i see you have your track-ready race-spec forklift there as well

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is a killer deal.. If I didnt already have two 09-12's I'd be very tempted.

any chance you'd sell the rear shock? :)
If it doesn’t sell in a month or two, Im considering parting it out so I can keep a few things as spares.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If it doesn’t sell in a month or two, Im considering parting it out so I can keep a few things as spares.

I’d be interested in the forks/cartridge kit if/when that happens.

Hope someone buys the whole bike for your sake. It’s an absolutely awesome deal.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’d be interested in the forks/cartridge kit if/when that happens.

Hope someone buys the whole bike for your sake. It’s an absolutely awesome deal.
Unfortunately I have a very hard time selling bikes. I live in rural north dakota. Sportbikes are not popular in this area. It took me a year to sell my s1000r and that was after I dropped the price well under bluebook value.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Unfortunately I have a very hard time selling bikes. I live in rural north dakota. Sportbikes are not popular in this area. It took me a year to sell my s1000r and that was after I dropped the price well under bluebook value.

That is terrible. May I suggest posting the bike on eBay. They do a flat fee with vehicles I think it’s $150 IIRC and then you have exposure to the whole country. I sold
a Trailblazer SS on eBay for $18k three years ago so it worked for me. It’s worth a shot imo.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I recall someone saying they would be ready to buy come October.......... I looked at the calender and indeed it is October!

North Dakota isn't that far, gheesh only like 250 miles away and my niece goes to college there........ I will go pick it up for some buyer and get it down here ;)......... may be closer to some?

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
I recall someone saying they would be ready to buy come October.......... I looked at the calender and indeed it is October!

North Dakota isn't that far, gheesh only like 250 miles away and my niece goes to college there........ I will go pick it up for some buyer and get it down here ;)......... may be closer to some?
If you're referring to me, indeed I am ready and have found a 2014 that I'm trying to buy. Only problem is it's across the country so I'm still trying to figure out a way to get it to Virginia. If you know someone that will be at Laguna Seca next weekend and take a bike somewhat close to Virginia, I'm all ears lol I've even gone down the list of riders registered for each class for the Laguna round to see who's from around here because my first 3 plans didn't work out.

Reactions: riverszzr
1 - 20 of 20 Posts