Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Love the ZX6R family and thought I’d say watsup!
I have a 2009 zx6r monster edition kawi. I recently changed my oem rear flashers to LED hoping that my bike will hyperflash. After installing, it still blinks at the regular rate. My main question is what should I do to make it hyperflash?? Also I’m planning on swapping my oem bulbs from the front flashers to LED too, will this help? Does the bike come with a smart relay stock? Please help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
LED bulbs should do the trick..... If the analog flasher is still there. Someone may have installed resistors to slow the flashing in a previous mod to LED as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, so basically I should be looking if the previous owner installed a resistor. And if so, I have to remove it in order to get the hyperflash?

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Yup. the resistor tricks the analog flasher into blinking at the normal rate. When the LED replaces the incandescent bulb, it has much lower resistance than the bulb does..... that's what makes the OEM flasher run much faster than designed.

Digital flashers do away with the resistor and control the timing directly with ciruitry rather than using the resistance.

This is the more efficient method, because it 'saves' power. Anything your alternator doesn't have to do, is money in the bank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts