Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 08 ZX6R, occasionally when I hit the rear brake when slowing, I hear this clunk sound or pop somewhere right underneath me. It sounds like it may be from the right side but I know it's somewhere from the back I'd say. I'm not quite sure what it could be or if it's a problem or not. Most of the time it doesn't do it, just mainly that initial kick of the rear brake then it doesn't do it after. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Is your rear caliper in the slot on the swingarm properly? Also, there is a fair amount of slop in that slot so it's possible you're just hearing the caliber move to it's limit in the slot when you press the brake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added a photo but for some reason it uploaded upside down. I put it up on a stand and was playing around, when I hit the brake fairly hard, it seems like it's coming somewhere from the caliper like you said.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I can't see the slot but from what I can see it looks like it should be in the correct spot. Grab the top of the caliper and push it forward and pull it backward and see if you can feel any play that would make the "clunk" you are referring to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah but it's like I can feel it too when I press down on the brake. Maybe I'm just not easing into it and hitting it too hard. I need to try to use the front more often. I was just praying it wasn't nothing to do with the frame or anything major.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts