Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo.. here I am once again.. as far as these balls deep have been in the ol girl.. As I've sat here with my lady waiting for her clutch to arrive ive been exploring a little and embarking little projects for her to progress into the bike ive learned everything on fornmy first street bikes. background on this bike saw it posted on Marketplace for 800 probably about two and a half months ago God knows for me its Honda any day but long story short dude drove it out to me said hed take 500 and yeah I am a brand new owner of a 2008 Kawasaki zx600 and not 2006 636 like it was advertised anyways so Id like to install is a vacuum gauge that I got from Harbor Freight because when I start it let it idle while leaning on kickstand cylinder 4 i believe leaks oil out the exhaust gasket manifold thing.. also on warm up a good amount of white exhaust plumes when I get the rpms above 7k.. valve cover gasket going? Head gasket? Also I went to replace the coolant with water wetter and distilled and was short water so I used antifreeze bout a week later I noticed cobber fine flakes in the radiator. So done two flushes since then and flakes free but my oil has been getting black fast.. possibly due to the burn clutch from rotella t5 and back to 1040 t4...
Land vehicle Fuel tank Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
our
wondering what line should I hook it to I kind of have a good idea but I would like to hear your veterans and Seasons opinions will include pics thank you guys looking forward to hearing from you soon
Blue Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
MI

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Not trying to give you a hard time, but I will say that run on sentences are very hard to read and understand.

You'll get a much better response if you can take the time to frame your specific questions in a way that can be answered yes or no; or at least have a single subject per question.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
You want to go to the vacuumn that is capped with the rubber plug on the throttle bodies, not any of those rubber vacuum lines up top--those are all joined and combine all cylinders

What is your intention and goal of attaching said vacuum guage???????? ( if you are trying to synchronize the throttle bodies you need 4 gauges running simultaneously--- something like pictured below......... then you adjust them all to be the same via the air bleed screw adjuster, usually the higher the vacuum the better

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologies . I was attempting to utilize speak to type.. apparently not well received..but anyways my intention with the gauge is to see how much fluctuations if any in real time as well as get a better understanding and feel for fuel consumption and so forth. Also I found anothe vacuum source location.. should I run it of the carbs or pick vale3iú⁵<j hi 8th ì
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 5 of 5 Posts