Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started working on replacing the exhaust, got a little tied up at getting the mid pipe off......

Is there a trick to it or do you need to take the little steel square plate off next to the mid pipe to be able to pull it to the left as I need an extra 1cm manoeuvre space as it's pretty much out but I can't angle it anymore..

i ran out of light and started to rain so I had to pack up and I'll carry on again tomorrow! Just making sure I'm not making more effort for myself as the screws seem pretty stubborn which hold that plate in...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've removed all the necessary rear panels etc. The muffler etc is all off and the clamp is off but I don't seem to have enough room to pull it up and out. But part way down there's a plate which has 4 bolts I'm guessing that has to come off so it's gives the leverage to pull it to the left a little?

As that's what it's catching on by the looks of it... Is take a picture but due to all electrics exposed it's covered up and raining at the min.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just have to do a little wiggling to get the mid pipe out from the header. It's a PITA for sure. Did you get it this far yet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just have to do a little wiggling to get the mid pipe out from the header. It's a PITA for sure. Did you get it this far yet?

Yeah that's exactly where I'm up to, see that black steel plate behind your foot guard plate, that's what's stopping me by 1cm
To get enough room to pull the pipe out from the cat.

So it has to be removed then.. Need some better tools haha basic Alan keys try to round them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts