Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on an '07 ZX6R with 13,500 miles. Looks real clean, plastics in good shape, never downed. $4k a good deal for this? Also any recall or general issues I should be aware of for this years model?

·
Registered
985 Posts
About to pull the trigger on an '07 ZX6R with 13,500 miles. Looks real clean, plastics in good shape, never downed. $4k a good deal for this? Also any recall or general issues I should be aware of for this years model?
That's not too shabby but prices vary upon the region you live in. Id rather get an 06 but that's just me. As far as issues, check the engine for oil leakage. All of the 07s and some of the 08s have a factory authorized repair to fix a valve gasket cover leakage.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Valve gasket leak... If it hasnt already been fixed by the previous owner, just get a kawi dealer to do it free of charge. 07 is sluggish down low- change the sprockets/install an xtre and it will really waken the bike up. I just did that and it feels like a different bike now.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
that price for that year is really decent price and the mileage is pretty low for the year as well. If you haven't already, take it for a test ride to make sure there aren't any abnormal noises, the stransmission shifts properly, the clutch doesn't slip, the chain doesn't make an excesive amount of noise, yada yada yada...

If all seems good then i'd jump on it personally.

As far as issues, the 07/08's are pretty solid with no real problems to speak of other than what 2y4life and DatNyerr said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not too shabby but prices vary upon the region you live in. Id rather get an 06 but that's just me. As far as issues, check the engine for oil leakage. All of the 07s and some of the 08s have a factory authorized repair to fix a valve gasket cover leakage.
Oh right I read something about that. Appreciate the post.

Valve gasket leak... If it hasnt already been fixed by the previous owner, just get a kawi dealer to do it free of charge. 07 is sluggish down low- change the sprockets/install an xtre and it will really waken the bike up. I just did that and it feels like a different bike now.
Thanks, for the tips. I'll be doing a lot of city riding so I've been looking for ways to boost the lower gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts