Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here's another coolant question haha, so I drain all the previous coolant which was rockoil engine coolant today cleaned it about 4 times with distiller water(it was clear at that point) and then I added the engine ice(once the engine cooled down and drained the distiller water out) and it took a little less than 1/2 gallon. Bike has 26,000 miles and last time it was replaced was 3,000 ago. What my question is, is that quantity about right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to the service manual for the 07 zx6r the bike takes 2.7 quarts, which is slightly over half a gallon (0.7 gallons to be exact)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know which is the weird thing. just took a good 30 minute ride and the engine ice actually had cooler readings than the stuff that was in there before which is great and what i wanted. I am going to re check tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nervous Plox: Rechecked The Engine Coolant Right Now And Well Coolant Reservoir Was Full Before I Rode It Earlier And well It Was Empty Now. Refilled It And Tomorrow Ill Ride It Again And Recheck If It Becomes Empty Again Ill Refill Again Hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts