Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between california and the other states as far as the header goes on our bikes?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
992 Posts
you can probably cut piece of the mid pipe and replace it instead of the cat by tach weilding good and cheap instead of getting full sytem..nice job

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
if you delete the cat does it make much difference, like powre or sound?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to have a stainless section welded in place of the cat and have it jet-hot coated the 1300 degree chrome color and put on the bike :D Once I take mine off I may sell it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post up pics and also my old header when it's off if I sell it. I probally will.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a difference between california and the other states as far as the header goes on our bikes?

Thanks in advance!

anyone?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The only difference between our bikes and ones sold in Cali are an evaporative emission control system which doesnt let vapors caused by fuel evaporation to be vented into the atmosphere. Sooooooo the headers are the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question...

If i have a muffler shop straight pipe my 07 will it still run the same? Just wondering if theres anything i have to worry about.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only difference between our bikes and ones sold in Cali are an evaporative emission control system which doesnt let vapors caused by fuel evaporation to be vented into the atmosphere. Sooooooo the headers are the same
Awesome!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am looking around 109-115hp to the ground after the mod and tune based off dyno's I have seen. Wish me luck should be doable.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As for the coating.. Black, chrome, or leave the header alone is the question now?????

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I say black but only cuz that's what my long term goal is to do with my bike! is to have everything all black on it! not a big fan of chrome soooooooooo eh i dunno guess its a personal preference and depends on what ya like after all you're the one that has to look at it everyday ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts