Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I recently removed my stator cover due to damage. Got everything off and back on but whenever I tried starting it the starter would not turn over. So I removed the stator cover again to inspect everything, it all looks good so I tried starting it without the stator cover on it and the bike turned over. So I put the cover back on and tightened the bolts down, again the starter would turn over. So I loosened the bolts some and the starter turned over. I guess my question is does the gasket act as some kind of shim/spacer? I just used rtv silicone and no gasket so is the no gasket the problem?????

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The gasket maker stuff works just fine. Your starter and stator cover are in no way related to one another.

I'd look at the starter motor (ground and positive leads are clean and tight), starter relay (connections tight), then check your clutch lever and side stand switches (helps if you have a meter to test them). Those are all related and one of those parts malfunctioning will prevent the starter from working. your stator cover swap and starter issues are coincidental.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kegger, did you ever figure out what was going on with your stator cover, I am having a similar issue, Except I have never taken the cover, I can just tap the cover, to get the bike to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts