Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello so i known this has been touched in another thread but mine is a little different. ok to start my bike was hesitating around 12k then would slowly climb to redline but prior to this my fuel pump was making a high pitched noise and would get worse when it would be reved up so i know it was the fuel pump going bad,so i went and had it changed by my trusted shop who does all my stuff on my bike that i dont know how to do,i got the bike back from them and everything seemed fine but after a little ride i started to hear the high pitched sound not thinking to much of it because i thought it was normal,but i went to ride yesterday and heard the high pitched noise again and i floored it and it wont go past 13k it hesitates bad so i toke everything off and checked under the tank made sure everything looks good,so i decided to try and ride it today i let it get up to temp 180'f and i could not hear no noise from the fuel pump so rode floored it in first everything seemed fine redlined good not hesitation and i tested this a few times to just see if it was going to do it again and it never did so i turned around and went home on the way home i floored it again in first no problem shifted to second and boom it wouldnt go past 13k in second and third when i pulled the clutch in sure enough i could hear the fuel pump winning with that high pitched noise went home and lifted the tank and took a video of the noise it is so loud you can hear it inside the house, i am pretty sure its the fuel pump again even now it was just replaced like 10 miles ago. background on the bike had it serviced at 23k miles had valves done everything was in spec it now has almost 25k on it, i thought it might be a coil or spark plug but they the bike runs smoothly on idle and pulls real hard in low rpm so i cant be those just want to known if anyone might think it is something else or it is the fuel pump for sure. spark plugs were changed about 1000 miles ago.thank you in advance for the help

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
hello so i known this has been touched in another thread but mine is a little different. ok to start my bike was hesitating around 12k then would slowly climb to redline but prior to this my fuel pump was making a high pitched noise and would get worse when it would be reved up so i know it was the fuel pump going bad,so i went and had it changed by my trusted shop who does all my stuff on my bike that i dont know how to do,i got the bike back from them and everything seemed fine but after a little ride i started to hear the high pitched sound not thinking to much of it because i thought it was normal,but i went to ride yesterday and heard the high pitched noise again and i floored it and it wont go past 13k it hesitates bad so i toke everything off and checked under the tank made sure everything looks good,so i decided to try and ride it today i let it get up to temp 180'f and i could not hear no noise from the fuel pump so rode floored it in first everything seemed fine redlined good not hesitation and i tested this a few times to just see if it was going to do it again and it never did so i turned around and went home on the way home i floored it again in first no problem shifted to second and boom it wouldnt go past 13k in second and third when i pulled the clutch in sure enough i could hear the fuel pump winning with that high pitched noise went home and lifted the tank and took a video of the noise it is so loud you can hear it inside the house, i am pretty sure its the fuel pump again even now it was just replaced like 10 miles ago. background on the bike had it serviced at 23k miles had valves done everything was in spec it now has almost 25k on it, i thought it might be a coil or spark plug but they the bike runs smoothly on idle and pulls real hard in low rpm so i cant be those just want to known if anyone might think it is something else or it is the fuel pump for sure. spark plugs were changed about 1000 miles ago.thank you in advance for the help
I'm not sure about the whining noise, but the RPM issue can most definitely be related to issues with one or more stick coils. When one of the stick coils on mine went bad, it would pull just fine in lower RPM's, and it idled fine as well. You have to actually test the coils with a multimeter per the procedure in the service manual to rule them out as part of the problems you are experiencing.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts