Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, im not currently a biker yet.......but will be getting licence in next couple of weeks and really like the zx6r's but dont know what one to go for,i would obviously prefer the new 2007 model but you can get the 2006 model now for brand new for like £5299 as supposed to the 2007 model at £7199.
i think i like the look of the 2007 model more but for the price difference do you's reccomnmend me goin for the 2006 model to start on as its cheaper?
and now that the 2007 model has reverted to 599cc is it faster than the 636 because its a new engine and its more modern technology?cheers for any help
Dave
:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would get the 06 just for the price difference. I don't think theres really a huge difference in the 600 and the 636, especially for a new rider. I know the 600 is more track oriented as far as suspension bits go. It's totally up to you though, both bikes are great for whatever you want to throw at them, both can stunt well and both are awesome bikes on the track. I would say go for whichever you can get the best deal on, then spend the rest of your money on gear. Whatever you do, don't be the guy that buys a brand new bike and a helmet from a dealer then say's I couldn't afford the jacket. Gear saves lives and is cheaper than skin grafts any day.

good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
think about this way, what you save you can spend on your bike to make a bit special, as a new rider you wouldn't be able to use either bike to its potential, and the old bike has lots more mid range which will make it easier,

Use the money saved for extras like exhaust power commander screen and levers and you will still end up paying less overall.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's like asking which of the Olsen twins you'd do??? :laugh

Both great bikes so pick one you feel more comfortable on...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Or you could get an '05 (the same model as '06, some different colours) for about £4k and blow the extra £1.3k - plus what you'll save on insurance - on tyres.

And you won't even have to run it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks for your advice,what i will do is prob test ride both of them,but i think deep down i should get the 2006 model as like you say,ill have more money then to mod it and make it more special,i do like the look though on the rear of the new one more than the 2006 but you cant have everything i suppose and and im sure an exhaust and tail tidy shall sort that out,what i do like is this exhaust,can you tell me where i could get one from?http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/730999/
Cheers all
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's totally your choice mate if can afford then get 2007 i got new 2006 last year it is my first bike in years brill will meet up one day greenwelly do u no it ask some other mad bikers

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I would get the 06 and take the extra cash and get high end gear, there is a reason they cost more, if you do it right the first time you will not have to do it again just my 2 cents

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not sure I like that exhaust! I guess everyone has different opinions though!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'm a stick in the mud.

If it's your first bike, look for something much older. There are two types or riders, those that have dropped their bikes and those that will. Wad up an older bike first up, not a newer one. My $0.02c worth.

(Have you got an insurance quote?)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree, ive only been riding 18months and my g2 zx6r is awersome, ive been to weekend outings, and clocked up loads of miles, and im still impressed with the power even though its coming up 8years old. With the money i saved from not buying a newer model i got a full set of hein gericke leathers, Arai helmet, sidi boots and paid for first years insurance. So 2006 or 05 model you should go for. Enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers guys for all your pointers.
and when im home dunlop1 ill give u a bell about meeting up for a ride,im currently abroad at the monent will be back at end of march
cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts