Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 zx6r 636 brought it a week ago the guy I brought it from said its been sitting for a month 20 min ride home fine change oil and servo buddy because of code two days ago I go riding and I was up to 90 mph and the bike started to jeck back and forth and seems ask it was getting gas when I hit the clutch it just killed and when I turn the key on the f1 light blink once and cuts off and you could here the fuel or whatever it is buzzing when the fight come on showed a mechanic the video he said he never seem that b4 any help

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Your cluster isnt working. Was it workin before?
Your oil pressure light is on and your bike sounds super rough. Dont run the engine until u verify your bike has sufficient oil and you actually have oil pressure. Running the engine with no oil pressure will toast your engine.
Your FI light is on. Pull the code and see what it says.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cluster was working b4 the bike is not running its the key just turned on and the oil is inside the window as far as pressure how would I check i pull up the code 34

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have the manual downloaded for your bike? It should tell you where to put the pressure gauge to test the oil pressure, but it's probably blinking because the key is on and it's not running. I'm confused, after the 90mph shut off, whats the bike doing now? Will it turn on and idle? . Isn't code 34 Exhaust butterfly valve sensor malfunction?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The video is when it killed on me and the key is just in the on position but the bike is not running in that video if I go to start it I will act normal after 15 minutes of riding it will act up it will sputter and kill but the first 15 it run perfect then boom

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced the ECU on your bike? The 05 models had ECU’s that would overheat and shut off the bike. The problem was fixed on the 06 models but if any previous owners have swapped the ECU then that could be your problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure that what I was thinking because all the forums pointing to ecu because it idle fines and ride good its just when it heats up it start acting crazy

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
As long as its an ECU from an 06 it should be able to handle the heat. But any extra layers of heat shielding will help.

What happens when u try to start it right after it dies? How long do u have to wait before it actually starts again?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Have u tried popping your gas cap open when the bike dies? U might have a vacuum lock happening which will prevent your fuel pump from sucking the fuel.
Try that before u do anything else. It might be unrelated to your cluster issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No i haven't but will test tomorrow and see what happens when it dies I open the tank and inspect for what to see if it starts back up?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Yeah. Open the tank and try to start the bike.

But wait, does your starter even try to turn when u try to start after the bike shuts off?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts