Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought bike found whole harness and was chewed by mice undertank black square 4 prong harness i have no body harness to connect this .....i know obviosbly where that connector goes and the green single wire near the kickstand the other two on this harness i have no idea plz help ....is this why im not getting spark the bike cranks i get fuel to but this whole harness is missing can someone please help ive attached two pics i cant find my first post so the connector on the top left of this plugs into the crankshaft plug and green wire is kickstand where do two wires on right side go??? Anyone plz

Attachments

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
A) punctuation is horrible dude
B) everything you need to do is under the tank and behind the right fairing piece.

The reason you are not getting spark is because the ECU is not getting a crankshaft position so it’s protecting itself electronically because....

That boxy item is the crankshaft position sensor. It’s goes right next to crankshaft timing gear. It’s all behind the ignition cover on right side of bike. It’s secured with 2 bolts at 57 in-lbs NOT ft-lbs. The cover bolts are at 87 in-lbs.

The next thing inline is the grommet that goes between case and ignition cover. You will most likely need a new gasket 11060-1867.

The item to the right, I believe, is the oil pressure sensor which goes right under/behind the ignition cover plate. @RJ2112 and @riverszzr, am I right on this?

The green wire is kickstand. (Sounds like you know that)

The last plug should have a female recipient to the right of the starter. All under the tank in that mess towards the right side of the bike, rear of the airbox. (Sounds like you know that).

You’ll need just a couple dabs of rtv black as per the manual below, at the case halves in the engine side of gasket and around the sealing grommet. Make SURE you’ve got an in-lbs capable torque wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The connection at the far right looks just like the connection for my oil pressure switch on my '09.
That is what that one is...........

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
he has a couple threads going on this- I added pictures to his other thread............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts