Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I dyno'd my 2006 ZX6R, which was a mistake, because the engine blew / threw a rod on the second dyno run. I'm thinking of either getting a replacement engine (what [years and models] are my options for a direct fit? 2005/06 636s only? who are reputable sellers? what should I look out for when buying a used engine?) or selling it in parts or as project bike.

The bike itself is beautiful, chrome rims etc., so I really do not want to give up on her.

Thanks for all brain storming ideas, guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
The parts compatibility thread may provide options for what cases will work with your frame. The devil is in the details. The induction and electronic systems change more than the block.

If you source a used 05-06 engine, getting it rebuilt before you drop it in the frame is your best bet for long term happiness.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd rather my engine blow while on a dyno rather than when I'm riding it. I sometime ride my bike as hard as it would be tested on a dyno so better there than with me on it. With that, the best best is to get it rebuilt which would be pricey. Next option is to locate a used one and do the swap. Check Craigslist, Ebay, and forums for a replacement. Look long enough, one will pop up...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy, whats your location?
Thanks to all who replied! Makes eminent sense.

Scorpi0, I'm in D.C. / VA area... I have 5 bikes, so getting this one back is not really a super crucial thing for me. I just have to do the math and see what makes sense. I wonder what I could get for the rest of the parts. Probably not much.

Then again, spending $1300 plus $150 shipping on a replacement engine and another $x ? dollars on getting it installed on an 06 bike doesn't make much sense, either... ugh

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
05 and 06 zx6r (636 variants only)

those are your choices...........

Reactions: Andy636zx6r
1 - 7 of 7 Posts