Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, late last night I was troubleshooting why my headlights are not getting voltage and after a while of unsuccessful disassembling and reassembling I in my frustration briefly connected two conspicuous looking white/grey wires under the seat together while the engine was running. That obviously was a horrible idea and the engine started running poorly and quickly died. Now I am getting FI fault codes 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 31, 32, 34. In addition the fuel pump does not always prime when I turn on ignition and when it does it sounds very rough. It strated for a few times for a brief moment but ran terribly. All fuses in the fuse box under pillion seat are intact. Does someone have any idea what I fried in the circuit?
The codes apparently translate into
11, Main throttle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
12, Inlet air pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
13, Inlet air temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
14, Water temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
15, Atmospheric pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
31, Vehicle-down sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
32, Subthrottle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
34, Exhaust butterfly valve actuator sensor malfunction, wiring open or short (might be independent issue relating to my slip-on exhaust. Been getting FI light on the dash every now and then because of it)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got to say with all those faults I'd be looking at the ecu but fist check all your fuses - you might get lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to say with all those faults I'd be looking at the ecu but fist check all your fuses - you might get lucky.
Yeah thats what I figured as well. All the fuses are good. Sadly there are very few second hand ecus available and the prices seem to be twice that of a 03-04 zx636.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Bet that’s the last time you do that. That’s your plugs and wiring for exhaust servo motor for factory exhaust butterfly valve. The thing wrapped in plastic tape was PO attempt at a servo eliminator.

I’m looking on the wiring diagram and one of those is common ground. All roads lead back to ECU. You probably sent a full 12v where incremental 0-5v or 0-1v is expected. Wrong voltage to wrong circuit. @riverszzr would know specifically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bet that’s the last time you do that. That’s your plugs and wiring for exhaust servo motor for factory exhaust butterfly valve. The thing wrapped in plastic tape was PO attempt at a servo eliminator.

I’m looking on the wiring diagram and one of those is common ground. All roads lead back to ECU. You probably sent a full 12v where incremental 0-5v or 0-1v is expected. Wrong voltage to wrong circuit. @riverszzr would know specifically.
yeah bet it is. I actually found a post where someone had exactly the same codes and the problem was solved with a new ecu. And according to your explanation wouldn´t it be precisely the ecu that takes the hit?

I got myself a new (used) ecu and hoped it was a plug and play kind of fix. However absolutely nothing changed and the same problems remain. Although now I don´t get the fuel pump priming at all and neither will it start. Now totally lost again...

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
yeah bet it is. I actually found a post where someone had exactly the same codes and the problem was solved with a new ecu. And according to your explanation wouldn´t it be precisely the ecu that takes the hit?

I got myself a new (used) ecu and hoped it was a plug and play kind of fix. However absolutely nothing changed and the same problems remain. Although now I don´t get the fuel pump priming at all and neither will it start. Now totally lost again...
maybe your new to you USED ecu wasn't any good when you got it, or you fried that one too?

Reactions: KevA and laggy311
1 - 6 of 6 Posts