Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in November I got a great deal on a beat up '05 ZX6R. It had been stolen, fairings were torn off, wires cut, seats missing, battery gone. Got it for $500.
This is the Before picture.

I own another motorcycle, the white '18 versys in the picture above, so I got this bike with the intention of making it a street legal-ish track day bike.

I'm lucky enough to have a great mechanic - a MotoAmerica team mechanic here near me who agreed to work on my bike on the side during the winter.

Things he did for me.

Valve Adjustment
Front Fork Seals
Steering Head Bearing
New front and rear sprockets (down one tooth in the front)
New Chain
Added an IRC quick shifter
New front headlights
New LED tail light with integrated blinkers
Custom fit steel braided front brake lines
Sintered brake pads
Replaced the tip over sensor that was missing
Sent out my GPR stabilizer to be rebuilt
New Vortex gas tank cap (old one was functional but looked like shit)
Plastidipped my rear wheel, wasn't a fan of that red.
New tires - Metzler Sportec M7's
Dyno Tuned with custom fuel mapping - Dynoed 99 horsepower before and 106 after.
He also made the chinese fairings I bought fit right after I got the fuel tank painted to match them and put on stompgrip tank pads.

I have been nothing but ecstatic about this bike since I have gotten it back from him. It's my first sport bike so I have spent some time out riding it and getting used to it, taking it to the canyons and stuff. My first track day is this weekend and I can't wait.

Here are the after pictures.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Very nice...gotta love when someone resurrects a sport bike from the dead.

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
If you are into that build for the sort of small monies I hope you are..... that's one heck of a bike. Congratulations. Enjoy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats, beautiful bike. Impressive build, always impressed with those who know what they are doing. When I do something it takes me 10 times longer as I have to research and learn along the way. Something great rose from the ashes of the MotoAmerica season :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it to the track last weekend and she mostly ran fine, but I think I may have a stator problem as when the high beams were on she was idling super rough and then would just die.

Other than that it was a good time out on the track, learning a sport bike has been a blast and I had some good instruction out there.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Took it to the track last weekend and she mostly ran fine, but I think I may have a stator problem as when the high beams were on she was idling super rough and then would just die.
You can pull the fuse for the lights for when you are riding on the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts