Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 ZX6R. Starting to get some bad brake fade and rotors are getting warped. Bled my brakes, no luck, think the master cylinder is going and even when they worked okay the stock calipers on this bike are horrible as you guys know.

I was looking at the compatible parts list on the stickies. I noticed it was last updated in 2011 and was wondering if you guys know whats up with the newer parts.

Question:
I found a pretty good deal on 2013 zx6r nissin brakes and master cylinder. Will they be a direct fit like the 07/08 calipers from the zx6r/zx14 or am I gonna need spacers?

Should I go with the master cylinder from the 2013 zx6r or should I go with something else?

Rotors from the 2013 zx6r or go EBC?

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm not to sure about the master cylinder from a 13+ I do know that if you got calipers you'll need to go rotors and spacers for the extra size. 05 rotors are 300mm I believe and 13+ are 310mm so you'll need a space for the extra 10mm.

Master cylinder, calipers, rotors from a 07-12 would fit plug and play and the braking power is better than that of an 05-06 zx6r. I don't know from experience but I do hear the braking capabilities of the 13+ is still a notch better then the 07-12.

Reactions: ironmonkey15

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably go with the 07-12 since I know for sure that it will be a direct fit. Glad I did not make the impulse buy.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05 rotors are 300mm I believe and 13+ are 310mm so you'll need a space for the extra 10mm.
I just tried looking up the rotor sizes, where did you find that out. Looked on the parts site on Kawasaki.com and even they don't list the sizes. Makes it pretty hard to look things up lol :headbang:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
If the 13 brakes are a good deal, go for them and they can be made to work.

That said, the 7-12 is direct bolt on, so less time spent thinking and planning and getting spacers. Up to you.

I have 07+ on my bike

·
Registered
178 Posts
The master cylinder will work fine. I'm running a '13 master cylinder with 07 calipers on my 05 636. If you run 2013+ calipers you'll need larger rotors. No spacers will be needed. From what I've heard the extra 5mm of clearance is in the calipers. You'll either need to shave you calipers mounts on the forks down 5mm or run the 310mm rotors.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Go with the 13+ set up if you can. There is a significant difference in stopping power. Stock set up on my 13 out brakes my 07 with ss lines and ebc hh pads hands down.

Here soon I'm going find a used 13+ set up for my 07.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts