Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have my zx6r and just had problems with a key ignition change along with ECU (and one other electrical relay or such in the front right side connecting to the ignitionswitch and the harness). After essembly and such I started the bike just fine for about a minute or so. Seemed ok. But after have mounted the rest of the covers and such I tryied again ant it didn’t wan’t to start properly. All lights are ok, and fuelpump does the priming.

does ECU need any computerwork in order to work after changing these parts?

is it any beginners fault in wires or fuel accessories that often is forgotten by beginners?

additional info:
The bike have been standing in the street with an unlocked gastank for approximetly 6weeks. and i only teststarted the bike right after essembling the ECU and logistics needed in order to change the immobilizer keyswitch bought as a packagage from ebay.(lost key).

thank you for reading!
Eric

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
6 week old gas is always suspect, and is simple enough to eliminate as a variable. I would expect that if you changed the parts and the bike started as it should, the issue is not as likely to be related to the electronics. (Hence put fresh fuel in it first)

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Lost key, has immobilizer type ignition, replaced key and immobilizer module as well as ECU after bike sat for 6 weeks. Plugged everything up and started bike for 1 minute, then installed all plastics.

Now the bike will not start.

My first guess is old gas, the next would be a weak battery, then from there verify everything the OP touched to ensure properly seated plugs, etc.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice Bullet points :)
Just as a note to the above the Ignition Immobilizer Amplifier is a stock component and doesn't have to be replaced as part of the Key-ECU Marriage, It's only function is to Grab the Signal from the Antenna around the Ignition Switch and shunt it to the ECU job done..

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
I can figure out many of the sentence structures that happen when folk who don’t speak English as their primary language ask a question…. Kudos for making that effort, as I’m useless outside of very simple Spanish or counting on one hand in a few languages.

people who think differently than I do have insights I do not. The cultural blind spots are not the same. It’s often more interesting to speak with someone with a different perspective than mine….

1 - 8 of 8 Posts