Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed (at least I think it's fairly different) that my 05 636 has been acting up a little. It's got about 36k miles on it.

The symptoms:
- When doing speeds of 65MPH+, I noticed the throttle doesn't evenly apply as I'm rolling on. What I mean by this is that there's this zig-zagging whine that basically can be described as the throttle is steadily opening past 7K RPM.
- It's as if the throttle can't steadily climb unimpeded. Honestly not sure of the best way to describe it, but it does seem to cause vibrations ever so slightly in a turn. Nothing that would unsettle the chassis or affect traction, but I think it's there.
- It's like a wavelength. While the throttle goes up beyond 7K, it kinda' sounds like an ambulance with regards to wavelengths 0 "wee - oooh, wee - oooh", and it doesn't seem like it steadily climbs anymore.
- Not prevalent when I close the throttle at all. Only present from 7K and beyond.
- Oscillating increase in where it will climb but drop down a block (digital tach), climb and drop down a block. It seems to do it quickly, so the throttle will raise and lower a tiny bit quickly, but continue increasing.

From what it seems like, I would think the fuel pump isn't providing a steady supply ever so slightly, but I can't be sure. Could also be a chain mishap but my chain is brand new, only like 5k on it pretty much - non hammered mileage either. Well taken care of too.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honeslty, my best bet would be taking it to the nearest bike shop
I'm kinda' trying to stay away, since it's a fairly hard issue to pinpoint - and I don't wanna be charged an arm and a leg to do something which could be small. Probably gonna' look at it this Saturday if it doesn't rain as I have a ride this Sunday that's gonna' be really long. Like I said before though - it's not really affecting the traction or upsetting the chassis in a turn (most important checks for me) so hopefully before the next Track day I can pinpoint it because it'll be in the back of my head no doubt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
secondary injectors? someone will need to back me up on this but if it happens only at 7+ thats the range of secondary I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts