Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a exhaust butterfly valve servo (the one under the seat) which clicks like it's slipping when you turn your ignition on? The valve works fine on the road, so it's probably fine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Most servo's are rotated through their full range when the ECU is powered up so it knows where what is. So it's probably normal for the servo to go through it's action, whether the clicking is normal or not :dunno Sure it's not the fuel pump?

My GSXR makes all sorts of noises when powered up, it's the secondary butterfly valves that clunk a bit on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's definitely the butterfly valve servo, just while it's doing its full range travel for the ECU. I'll repost if it gets worse.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
mine does it too with stock servo and with my aftermarket one but doesnt do anything while i am ridding

·
Registered
97 Posts
The clicking noise is the actual exaust butterfly servo. When you switch the ignition on the servo goes through a complete open/close cycle. The problem I had with mine is that it didn't appear to be returning all the way and so the ecu basically thought it was partically open causing it to oscillate and hense the clicking noise. I ended up stopping mine by adding a couple layers of duck tape to the plastic end stops. Problem surfaced after installing an akro slip on. No issues now for months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't resist having a tweak, and discovered that the cable runs were twisted under the seat. I straightened them out and it seems to have improved the problem- I'm going to give it a couple of tons this afternoon and find out if it's running properly.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem - I fitted a slip on Akrapovic slip on last year and it gives you the masking piece of metal that fits over the original servo part. (As you remove the stock exhaust with the valve in it you dont need the wires to control it)

BUT, I had a massive crash and thought I was gonna scrap the bike so sold the Akra. NOW I've re-built the bike again with the existing servo unit and the old stock exhaust that I never sold.

My servo is now doing the same as yours, doesn't do the full revolution and back again and the F1 light is always on. Does this mean somethings going wrong and gettin worse? I have no power probs, in fact, it actually feels better!

But am I riding a time bomb?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Butterfly servo clicks

Im having now same problem, mine is now at the hospital, i dont know what to do, any one can tellme how they solved this problem, it just start doing that suddenly, i noticed that your posts are a bit old, any one solve it? can u help me telling me how?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts