Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Great post! Does Kaw. Publish a common service manual? I know honda uses one. It looks like this one is large enough to have everything.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great post! Does Kaw. Publish a common service manual? I know honda uses one. It looks like this one is large enough to have everything.
No, Kawasaki doesn't offer a "Common Service Manual". Honda bikes are pretty much the same, Kawasakis are not quite so universal. This manual contains a complete tear down and rebuild of the specific bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, got a question. What oil would be the best to use?
I've got an 06 zx6r with about 13,000 miles, and it
needs the oil changed, so I'm gonna but need to know what's
The best brand to use? And how much oil to use.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Hi emmy636. I've been trying yo download the manual and haven't been able to..could you please email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks
That person hasn't been on in the site in over a year - If I can find the file (I think I have it downloaded somewhere) I'll send it to you tho

Edit: Just sent that manual to you - if you don't get it for some reason, PM me and I'll try again :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have downloaded the Service Manual PDF, but I was wondering if there's a separate Owner's Manual PDF. Is the Service Manual the same as the Owner's Manual?

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Those two are different, I don't have any of the owners manuals so you'll have to see if you can find them somewhere else. Though personally I've never found the owners manual of much help.

*Edit* The owners manuals may be available on Kawi's website.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Unfortunately, the owner's manual isn't available for the 05-06 ZX6R 636 on Kawasaki's website. They have them for later year models, but not that specific year.

Additionally, it seems like the service manual is widely circulated online, but I have not found the owner's manual anywhere.

I was expecting it to have basics, maybe even as far as "Here's your suspension adjustments and what they do", but if reports are it's mostly fluff, I'll make do with the service manual.

·
Registered
218 Posts
works for me when I click the link. Do you have Adobe Reader installed?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.