Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i seriously dont wanna have to go super deep into the motor unless its actually worth it. ill get right to the point, i had a valve snap in half on my seriously clean, 2004 zx6rr. its a stunt bike, however there is no other places in the motor that show ANY wear (just the minimal youd see at 20k miles. I assume i dropped a valve because of a valve adjustment? didnt hear any tapping, or any issues with motor. Here are some photos i have taken of the motor itself inside.
What story can these images tell? i dont know exactly why my motor has some much buildup.
Heres what im currently doing, i have 5 spare parts 636 motors and pistons. So,
New head gasket
replace 600 pistons with 636 pistons
replace 600 barrel with 636 barrel
replace 600 head with clean 636 head.
valve cover gasket
valve clearence check and adjustment
oil pump pressure check (just in case)
probably new piston rings, and probably a rehoning of the 636 cylinder barrels.
Can rehoning be done with the drill rehoning tool? or need to take to machine shop?
do you think the connecting rod is fine? i checked it, and doesnt appear to have any damage or bending. I have spare rods, and can purchase new bushings.
How should i go about polishing and cleaning the head? polishing the 636 pistons that i have? what are some suggestions and reccomendations? Im new to this, but im a stubborn asshole and will learn how to do something myself. I have 5 of these motors. I understand using assembly lube as well.

please help, sorry im a noob at this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. Why are the 600cc 0304 pistons so smooth, when all the 636 pistons i have seem to have a texture on top??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts