Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 636 and I was riding the other day and realized my headlights werent working!! I have hids and i run my bike on hi beams all of the time so it doesnt look weird with just one light on. I looked at the fuses and realized that the headlight fuse was blown so I replaced it and put it back onto low beam and the headlight was fine. But as soon as I turned the hi beam on it poped the fuse agian!!! What the hell is wrong with this thing?????:headbang:

·
Registered
318 Posts
don't run off of the factory wiring. Run a live line from the battery to the HIDs with a relay wired inline to turn on/off from the factory wiring. It's not a problem with the bike, just the current draw from the HIDs is higher than the fuse/wiring will allow.

Live line ----> Fuse ----> Relay ----> HIDs in that order and you'll be golden

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
do you have a 35 watt system? or a 55w??? if you have the 55, its more likely to fry to stock wiring or blow fuses.

·
Registered
318 Posts
could be a short in the system if it's been fine for the entire year. you can tear the bike apart and search for the short, but regardless of such for an aftermarket lighting system it's safer to run your own wires and have them switched by the factory system. Less drain on their wiring

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input but i took the ballast apart and found a wire had broke off of the circut board.. I guess from too many wheelies haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been having this problem but with stock bulbs. I always ride with high beam on so more people see me and its been fine for 6 months now until the other day I was riding and my lights just went out.. Fuse was blown. Now if I have the high beam on my fuse blows. I really hope its not a short.. I don't have time to tear it down and find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts