Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I'm new to this site and so far it looks great! I'm thinking about getting into racing and was wondering what engine mods other than the usual (filters, pipe, re-mapping) tricks that might really work well with this particular engine. I also own a 2003 ZX9R, and when riding with other 600's with the RR, can notice that the RR is down a little bit on power. "SportRider's" dyno chart shows that the bike is down aprox. 5hp. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
learning how to ride it better will make it faster than any engine mod you can do. I say invest in track time and schools.

·
Registered
389 Posts
learning how to ride it better will make it faster than any engine mod you can do. I say invest in track time and schools.
I agree with this staement 100% remember its 95% rider and 5% bike. You can put a fast rider on a slow bike and have a fast bike...put a slow rider on a fast bike and have a slow bike:thumbup

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
What they said. Suspension and training should be top priority.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:stupid

Setup the suspension (lots of adjustments available to fine tune the bike to work for you, start with sag and stock clicker settings then go from there) then hit the track:thumbup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Ya I know that it's the rider more so than the bike and I have been attending some track schools. I just want to make sure the bike is on a level playing field compared to the other bikes. Been riding sportbikes since 1988. Got a couple of miles under my belt. I like the suspension setup idea aswell. Not my field of expertise though. Will be trying filters, pipe and re-mapping and go from there. Thanks for any and all idea's guys!!!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts