Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys first and foremost I am sure there is a thread for this I'm just not having any luck finding it. But here lies my issue. Something is draining my battery to no end. The bike died out on me while riding one day and left me stranded. ok must be a bad battery right? Purchased a new one went riding started right up like a champ and took off. didn't come back on got stranded again. I can bump start the bike but it will cut out very shortly after. I ordered a new stator and I am going to change out the plugs. Any other suggestions?

thank you I am a new rider and this is becoming a money pit. bike also has 25,000 miles on it. Also my headlights don't work now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would check to make sure your stator is good and charging your battery. Check ohms with the three same colored wires, I think white or could be yellow, and check fuses for your headlight issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check to make sure your stator is good and charging your battery. Check ohms with the three same colored wires, I think white or could be yellow, and check fuses for your headlight issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have the tools to try and test the stator myself. That is why I am jumping straight into replacing it. Also I replaced the main fuse thinking that would fix my problem and it did not. I wonder if I should just replace the junction box entirely

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like a stator. I'ld go out and buy a multimeter though, easy to diagnose the issue and test things in the future and you could pick one up for <$30

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
once that comes in I will test it out and see if that gets me up and running. I just had jumping on the bike and not knowing if i'll make it home ya know. If all else fails with the stator should I replace the rectifier also.

ps just noticed in my headlight there is an led light strip the guy before me must've tried installing. Should I cut the wires to that also?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would diagnose the problem properly before going down the path of just replacing everything. I would also remove the LED strip and associated wiring properly rather than just cutting wires

·
Registered
18 Posts
Def. check the wiring on all ur lights. Poor wire jobs can still draw small amounts of power even tho there is no physical evidence (lights coming on) But I agree with the others that it does sound like a stator issue

·
Registered
75 Posts
This might seem a bit simple but have you wired up anything like usb charger or anything?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts