Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. I have a 2003 zx6r that's leaking fluid near the front of the bike from the block. Look at the pictures for a better understanding. Does anyone know what this is? Or why it's happening. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
What should I do? Do you think that those gasket sealer things work? I don't care very much about this bike.
Do you care about resale value? I'd pay more for a bike that doesn't have oil all over the thing, personally. It's not hard and actually costs the same to buy a new gasket and put it on. It's the same amount of work either way. Just buy a new gasket for the love of all things.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
What should I do? Do you think that those gasket sealer things work? I don't care very much about this bike.
If you do not care about the bike, then why are you here asking stupid questions?

Either buy a new gasket and install it or don't...none of us give two shits about it.............
I mean if you don't care about having everything coated in oil and oil dripping on the ground and getting on your rear tire and likely even on you, then why should anyone else care either??????

Reactions: burke

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
There’s obviously going to be more wrong with the bike than just the valve cover gasket. You really need to change all gaskets that are in contact with that cover, or you will need to do it all again due to you disturbing them and the leaks that will result.

A bike you don’t care about will kill you more quickly than one you do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wanted to pile on...but yall hit all my points.

If you don't care about this bike..Give it to someone who will care.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Hey there everyone. I have a 2003 zx6r that's leaking fluid near the front of the bike from the block. Look at the pictures for a better understanding. Does anyone know what this is? Or why it's happening. Any help is much appreciated!
There are no quick fixes to repair that leak in the cam/valve cover gasket. Bring it to a shop and have them assess it. It probably needs more work than just a gasket. If you are not willing to pay a mechanic for the repair then I would recommend selling it or simply giving it to someone who has some mechanical skills and the time and motivation to work on it. I’ll take it off your hands if you live on the east coast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts