Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellas , well i know this post is going to make everyone go, "not again " but here goes anyway , well its like this , passed direct access, found bike , (2003 636 ap1 )bought bike , now , when starting cold , engine sounds sweet, i ride for about an hour or so and then i get a ticking/ tapping noise , now i know that everyone says that kawasaki motors do this but all i seemed to hear is that they get it all the time, if that was the case i wouldnt worry, but mine only happens after its been running for about a hour or so, bike has only done 6k and (all dry) and been serviced regularly, in fact the last service was done way before it was due , i took it to the local dealer and said to him about it, he fired it up and said its sounds pretty normal, but the ticking hadnt kicked in , no sooner had i left there only a mile or so up the road , it was back, so if anyone can shed some light on this i would be sooooo grateful as this is my first bike in 22 years , and would hate anything major to go wrong ,
thanks guys

·
Registered
22 Posts
sounds like your cam chain,but then again mine sounds like that,as its a new bike to you,you will be hearing all the little noise that you think are bad but to me its the normal engine sound

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya thx for the reply, had to go to the dealership today and while i was in there i spoke to another mechanic who took a look and took it for a run up the road , everything normal , must be paranoia , lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
My A1P ticks like mad since we re-shimmed it, everything was soooooo tight before and that was at 10k. Does not tick so much when cold, but then the oil is thicker, when its properly heated up it will be thiner. Just get a shorter can, or like me the can bore is larger than the pipework bore so just is very deep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts