Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just bought a 2002 ZX-6 E-10 and the owner said the stator is bad and the connection for the gas gauge is funky so I'll start there for the gauge. Moving on to the headlight it was working yesterday when I started it up just to run it till I get the stator the battery was low so it was super dim then but now I have no headlights and no indicator on the dash for high beams, would that be a indication that it's just the bulb or do I need to look at more wiring? Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
If you can’t generate power on the bike, it runs off the battery until it is flat. Don’t waste your time troubleshooting anything else until you are sure the alternator produces the correct AC voltage, and the R/R converts that to the correct range of DC voltage.

Download the shop manual for your bike from this site, get a multimeter and follow the troubleshooting guide for the charging system. Take notes.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
If you can’t generate power on the bike, it runs off the battery until it is flat. Don’t waste your time troubleshooting anything else until you are sure the alternator produces the correct AC voltage, and the R/R converts that to the correct range of DC voltage.

Download the shop manual for your bike from this site, get a multimeter and follow the troubleshooting guide for the charging system. Take notes.
All of this plus that you have a fully charged and good battery with good clean contacts.......

·
Registered
2005 ZZR-600
50 Posts
Gas gauge? What kind of bike is this? The 2002 ZX-6R does not have a gas gauge.
If you have a ZX-6D or E or possibly a pre-2005 ZZR-600 then you might have a gas gauge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas gauge? What kind of bike is this? The 2002 ZX-6R does not have a gas gauge.
If you have a ZX-6D or E or possibly a pre-2005 ZZR-600 then you might have a gas gauge.
It's an E-10, mb probably should have put that in the original post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts