Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm stuck. I can't seem to get at the "screws" the are holding the carbs in place. Anyone have any advice? I have no idea what type of bolts these things are. They don't have anything for a screw driver or wrench to grip onto.

Also I've already dismantled the tank, seat, air box, all that good stuff.

Any advice welcome

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i think they could be allen key type ,if you get a torch in there you will see

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're in luck I just went through this over the weekend with same bike! They are Hex bolt or Allen keys whatever you wanna call em. The best way I found was to use a socket adaptor type, use an extension n a ratchet to break it free. Then just use the the hex key socket itself n loosen it out by hand. Well go from left to right as if you're sitting on the bike normally looking down at the carbs. First 2 screws is facing NE. Last two are facing NW. They're small though you'll see them.

EDIT: the way they are facing I think is wrong I can't remember but he's a link to a write up to remove them with pictures

http://www.themcdonalds.net/richard/index.php?title=Removing_the_Carburetors_on_a_ZX-6R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're in luck I just went through this over the weekend with same bike! They are Hex bolt or Allen keys whatever you wanna call em. The best way I found was to use a socket adaptor type, use an extension n a ratchet to break it free. Then just use the the hex key socket itself n loosen it out by hand. Well go from left to right as if you're sitting on the bike normally looking down at the carbs. First 2 screws is facing NE. Last two are facing NW. They're small though you'll see them.

EDIT: the way they are facing I think is wrong I can't remember but he's a link to a write up to remove them with pictures

Removing the Carburetors on a ZX-6R - McWiki

You're a saint

·
Registered
77 Posts
Glad to help. Oh I'm almost positive they're 3mm hex keys. Let me know how it goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts