Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and still relatively new to riding (only my second season) but I just got some general service done today at the shop in town and the paperwork said my front turn signal isn't working, so I was going to replace them with LEDs. I've tried googling and looking for a size chart, but I can't find one. Anyone know the bulb size for the front turn signals?? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
Welcome. Someone who has the answer will step in shortly. I'm guessing you already downloaded the shop manual for your bike from this site? Probably lists the bulbs in there somewhere...... Second option is to use an online parts house to figure it out..... I used to advocate Partzilla as their prices are very competitive, if you can wait days of more for delivery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I managed to find and download it, but unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find anything besides the headlight and tail light bulb sizes in it.. ??

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Take it off. Take it to an auto parts store and theyll tell u what it is.

Not much info on a 2000 bulb size on the net.

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
So I managed to find and download it, but unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find anything besides the headlight and tail light bulb sizes in it.. ??
92069 is the Kawasaki part number, assuming you have a J1 model.

That should cross reference to a standard automotive indicator bulb. My first guess would be an 1157.... As has been said, take the bulb to a parts dealer and ask them to identify it.

As a warning, when you replace a filament turn signal bulb with LED, the flashing rate will go crazy fast. Budget for an electronic flasher to correct for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts