Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ninja zx6r white/grey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I washed my bike then got gas. When I opened the gas cap, some water went into the tank. Anything to worry about?

2. My daughter left the hose on my muffler... sigh lmao when I started it water shot out. Rev it a few times water kept shooting out. Feel like it’s running weird but it’s probably my ocd. Anything to worry about?

Yes I’m insane.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Water in the fuel tank is never good, but if we are talking about like an ounce of water that is much better than like 6 ounces......... does the drain hole/hose that is under your fuel cap not drain? (you could add some isopropal alcohol to the fuel to try to capture it if it isn't too much.....but water sinks and the fuel pump will pick it up and send it to the injectors and engine- likely not all of it but most of it)

as far as the water being ouring in via the muffler and then you start it and it shoots out....... try to avoid that but run it until it is all all--what doesn't "shoot out" will evaporate out with heat.ie a prolonged running stint of riding it

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ninja zx6r white/grey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water in the fuel tank is never good, but if we are talking about like an ounce of water that is much better than like 6 ounces......... does the drain hole/hose that is under your fuel cap not drain? (you could add some isopropal alcohol to the fuel to try to capture it if it isn't too much.....but water sinks and the fuel pump will pick it up and send it to the injectors and engine- likely not all of it but most of it)

as far as the water being ouring in via the muffler and then you start it and it shoots out....... try to avoid that but run it until it is all all--what doesn't "shoot out" will evaporate out with heat.ie a prolonged running stint of riding it
It does drain there was just water residue left over it ran down the back of the cap and went into my gas tank probably like five or four drops lol I’m just weird

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
It does drain there was just water residue left over it ran down the back of the cap and went into my gas tank probably like five or four drops lol I’m just weird
Have you ever been forced to fill your tank in the rain? Do you stress about that too? Post up on a forum asking if you should stress about it???

I will agree with you, you are worried about nothing, or atleast over reacting to very little........... lighten up and ride more.... worry less........ makes life much more bearable!

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Have you ever been forced to fill your tank in the rain? Do you stress about that too? Post up on a forum asking if you should stress about it???

I will agree with you, you are worried about nothing, or atleast over reacting to very little........... lighten up and ride more.... worry less........ makes life much more bearable!
I keep getting tickets and bikes stalling because low fuel lights don’t work. I’m scared.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dude ...just ride it around till you can fillup again.. PROBLEM SOLVED.

If its is raining...DONT fill tank or ride your bike- PROBLEM SOLVED.

You probaly could fill the exhaust full of water- don't let your daughter near your bike.

·
Registered
Street Rossi
224 Posts
OP Username checks out. Wow lol.

You might want to fully disassemble your exhaust system to the header to wipe it out. Just to be sure. I’m sure it will corrode all inside now;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts