Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
There is an exhaust thread here if you're interested in the different pipes! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
whats the problem exactly?
Link pipes can be tight going in.
Make sure you get the clamp right out of the way and push it in hard past the old gasket or if its really tight remove the old gasket and fit a new one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats the problem exactly?
Link pipes can be tight going in.
Make sure you get the clamp right out of the way and push it in hard past the old gasket or if its really tight remove the old gasket and fit a new one
the link pipe goes in to the header but the tee peice for the dual mufflers are touching the subframe and the link pipe bracket is in the wrong place, plus it's miles out of align with the endcan clamps too far too the right. it seems like i have the friday afternoon pipe.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, I have an 06 with dual carbon two brothers. Getting the, I guess, mid pipe in place was the hardest thing ever, I completely pulled the subframe off the bike. Don't forget, under the seat there is the valve thing for the old exhaust, in the parts with the new pipe there is a small bracket there, if you don't install it your FI light will stay on, make sure you use locktite.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not sure about all that, a pic would probably help refresh my memory!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Although I didn't install my 2bros exhaust, it all looks perfect and lines up well. It does look like alot of stuff had to come apart to install it, but the exhaust is perfectly symetrical and looks great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
some 2bros stuff requires you to take the time and go back and loosen everything and realign it. i have installed a few and ALL of them required going back over it to get it to fit just right. even on my 07. the midpipe was touching under the seat cowl and i actually didn't even notice it. i took it for a ride and started to melt the plastic just a little. i had to go back and readjust the hangers for the muffler. now i have a 1/4" clearence all around.
just keep trying to tweak it and loosen different mounting points to try to get it to sit where you want it. take your time and the end result will make you happy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no mater what i do the y part of the mid/link pipe still hits the subframe, the pipe has been made wrong. thats my view

·
Registered
604 Posts
contact whomever you bought it from.....thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
that would be my next step. 2bros has some pretty good customer service. Look at their website under contact us and get the 1-800 number. give um a call, can't hurt to try

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i done all that spoke to the supplier here in the uk and i've sent them pictures so they can send to 2 bros. just waiting for a reply.

iam just asking people on here if they had the same or diff problem's, so I know if there giving me bull or not. because this is what this forum is all about finding out what's the best product for are bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts