Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just joined the forum and looking forward to rebuilding my old 99 zx6r as head went on last one, but i have managed to find a low mileage 2001 engine

I have the engine, loom ecu etc and carbs

So my question is what mods would i need to sort before i start fitting the engine

i know the G has seperate coils, should i go mod my loom or use the new loom
or any tips you got for wiring in a 01 engine in a 99 bike?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Hi guys, just joined the forum and looking forward to rebuilding my old 99 zx6r as head went on last one, but i have managed to find a low mileage 2001 engine

I have the engine, loom ecu etc and carbs

So my question is what mods would i need to sort before i start fitting the engine

i know the G has seperate coils, should i go mod my loom or use the new loom
or any tips you got for wiring in a 01 engine in a 99 bike?
The stick coils are better than the seperate 2 coil set up..........so since you say you already have the wiring harness that came with the J model engine I would go that route.........

harness is not difficult to remove and install the new one with the engine out...............

But you could use the harness that came with the bike with a J model engine............. you may need to change plug in ends from the speedometer pick up? the ignition rotor?..........or perhaps not

I was able to flop in a J model engine into an F model chassis without changing any wiring---but I did use the bigger J model carbs and air box (it was several years ago- so I do not recall any issues at all)

·
Registered
15 Posts
In modding/building a 99 zx6r also it's posted above yours im doing a custom solo tail right now I would like to see how your bike comes along keep posting

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
I have just found out my F2 has shot head gaskets... so looking at doing something similar.... how did it all work out? any progress?
Bud this thread is creeping up on 2 years old since it was posted. I'm pretty sure he's not coming back to give us an update by now. :O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Twisted's comment was this year.... and a lot of folks forget their threads.
Wasnt trying to thread necro.... just curious if there was more info.
thasnk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts