Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a 98 Kawasaki Ninja zx6r and it will start and run fine at first, then after a little bit of riding it will start to lose power and when i turn it off and try to start it again it will just turn over and won’t start. I’m not sure what it is but it’s sounds like it’s flooding itself

·
Registered
411 Posts
So i have a 98 Kawasaki Ninja zx6r and it will start and run fine at first, then after a little bit of riding it will start to lose power and when i turn it off and try to start it again it will just turn over and won’t start. I’m not sure what it is but it’s sounds like it’s flooding itself
Cool story bro. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome. That description is extremely vague. What condition is the bike in? Mileage? Regular maintenance done? Any modifications?

Does it surge and buck when it loses power? Will it keep running when it loses power or does it die on you? Does it overheat as well?

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. That description is extremely vague. What condition is the bike in? Mileage? Regular maintenance done? Any modifications?

Does it surge and buck when it loses power? Will it keep running when it loses power or does it die on you? Does it overheat as well?

Mark
it’s in decent condition, miles are about 32k and it sat for a year before my bought it, when it does it, it doesn’t die off or over heat it will Idol fine but it’s right when you get on the y’all it putts along till around 6,000 rpm.

·
Registered
313 Posts
it’s in decent condition, miles are about 32k and it sat for a year before my bought it, when it does it, it doesn’t die off or over heat it will Idol fine but it’s right when you get on the y’all it putts along till around 6,000 rpm.
Hmmm, that sounds like a carb problem, but usually they won't start and idle properly after sitting for a while. It's not normally a midrange bog when they are gunked up. Does it do this every time consistently? Is the tank vent plugged up?

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m going to look at a 1998 zx6r tomorrow and the only problem the seller said was is that the bike sometimes stalls out when you come to a stop. Is this a problem I should worry about? It has 19,000 miles

·
Registered
313 Posts
I’m going to look at a 1998 zx6r tomorrow and the only problem the seller said was is that the bike sometimes stalls out when you come to a stop. Is this a problem I should worry about? It has 19,000 miles
That could be almost anything. Too low of an idle, gunked up pilot circuits, who knows? All you can do is ride it and see what you think. FWIW, that is low miles for a 98. Keep an eye out for the usual leaks and maintenance items that will need attention due to a lot of sitting.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts