Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1996 zx6r. The only problem with the bike at 45 rpms the bike starts to sputter and jerk. I recently changed the oil and spark plugs and had someone check the carbs. I don't know what could be happening. Can anyone please help?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I just bought a 1996 zx6r. The only problem with the bike at 45 rpms the bike starts to sputter and jerk. I recently changed the oil and spark plugs and had someone check the carbs. I don't know what could be happening. Can anyone please help?
45 rpms
should it be 45 mph or 4,500 rpms?

·
Registered
95 Posts
when you did the spark plugs you must of disconcted some tubes going to the carbs, airbox and top of the engine are they all back in place?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I had this problem once. Check all your ground wires, it could be a power issue. At least, that's what fixed my issue. My bike had considerably less power in low rpms and seemed to have difficulties reving past 5k until I rechecked my grounds under the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike idles at 1,300rpms. I didn't think I would have to be specific. After i replaced the spark plugs I double checked every hose on the bike to match sure everything was hooked up. I will be running seafoam through the gas tank. If I'm taking it easy on the bike and just cruising is when I mostly feel the sputter. (higher rpms past 5,000 it doesn't have any problems)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts