Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the rebound dampening adjustment is for the rear shock of a '96 ZX 6R. I can find the compression adjustment but not the rebound.
I would appreciate any tips.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Allen,The adjuster for the F model's is positioned at the bottom of the shock absorber.There should be a number on the adjuster, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 Number 1 being the weakest 4 the strongest.The standard setting is 2.Turn the adjuster until it lines up with the mark on the shocker and it clicks into place.

The rebound on a G-H model is adjusted using a screwdriver in a slot at the base of the shock,the amount of damping is indicated when turned anti clockwise from the fully screwed-in position.There are 22 positions,the norm being 8 clicks.Turn clockwise to increase the damping.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the rebound dampening adjustment is for the rear shock of a '96 ZX 6R. I can find the compression adjustment but not the rebound.
I would appreciate any tips.
Thanks
You can find it at the bottom of the shock, it's the small screw above the mountin point under the damper. You have a choice of force, positions from 1-4 ie: 1,2,3,4 the higher you go in number the larger the damping force, turn the adjuster to the number you want until you here a click.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts