Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made my initial intro post the other day but I wanted to begin a build thread to keep track of the progress. I don't have any specific plans at the moment as it is my first super sport. Track days are likely ahead.

Bone Stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TST integrated tail light and fender eliminator. Looks sooo much better. Also some cheap MC Motorsports swingarm spools.

Exhaust will be here next Wednesday. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the nice new white ride, I love white so nice!

How do you like the power, handling on your first SS?
Thank you! Yeah I just feel you don't see that many white bikes. Maybe that's just me.

The handling is amazing. I feel so much more confident going into turns. That being said the bike has far more potential i'm sure. I need to get to a performance riding class asap.

The power is interesting. You have to get use to where the power band is and what gear to be in for sure. I'm still trying to take it a little easy as I am not quite past break in. I've only had it a week and a half. After today I should be ready for the first service though.

More updates to come and a longer review after I gain a bit more time with the bike. I am excited to get the exhaust in a few days to hear her scream a little more. :)

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Damn, I thought the white '13s way outclassed my '14, but your bike it fucking beautiful. Haven't been paying attention to the newer stuff so had not seen that color scheme... Very nice. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, I thought the white '13s way outclassed my '14, but your bike it fucking beautiful. Haven't been paying attention to the newer stuff so had not seen that color scheme... Very nice. :)
Thank you! I love it. I do have a few pieces I want to replace in carbon fiber. All in good time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that White color scheme looks so good!!!
Thanks! I'm having a real hard time deciding what to do about tank grips. I really don't want to put black on there. I read about, and can imagine, issues with the clear stomp grips. Sigh... I will end up doing something, but I wish I didn't have to.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks! I'm having a real hard time deciding what to do about tank grips. I really don't want to put black on there. I read about, and can imagine, issues with the clear stomp grips. Sigh... I will end up doing something, but I wish I didn't have to.
I have EZ-Grips from Moto-D. I perfer Stop Grips, but i was in the same prediciment as you not wanting black, and knowing that the clear fades.

The EZ-Grips dont have as good of fitment, but they're not as visable compared to clear stomp grips. They also dont tear up your leathers as much. But personally after using both. I'll be re-placing my EX Grips with Stop Grips at some point.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have EZ-Grips from Moto-D. I perfer Stop Grips, but i was in the same prediciment as you not wanting black, and knowing that the clear fades.

The EZ-Grips dont have as good of fitment, but they're not as visable compared to clear stomp grips. They also dont tear up your leathers as much. But personally after using both. I'll be re-placing my EX Grips with Stop Grips at some point.
THANK YOU! That's going to be what i'll try. I've spent $60 on worse things in my life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well new exhaust went on today and i'm pretty much speechless. I went with the Two Brothers Racing Black Series slip-on in carbon fiber. Install was easier than expected, although it was just a slip on. Before and after pictures included. I'll get a little video up on youtube in the next few days. Not enough seat time to notice any real difference other than sound just yet.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice looking bike for sure. Best of luck.
Am I the only person whose knees don't hit the tank on these bikes? I've worn the finish off the plastic strip that goes over the frame on each side. The one held on with screws, Velcro, and popped into a grommet. Surprised Kawi didn't also put a pop rivet there, lol. The one many racers remove. I'm 5'8 so maybe that's part of it, also stock rearsets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking bike for sure. Best of luck.
Am I the only person whose knees don't hit the tank on these bikes? I've worn the finish off the plastic strip that goes over the frame on each side. The one held on with screws, Velcro, and popped into a grommet. Surprised Kawi didn't also put a pop rivet there, lol. The one many racers remove. I'm 5'8 so maybe that's part of it, also stock rearsets.
Thank you!

I'm 6' and my knees seem to almost be at an inbetween. I'd say they mostly rest on the plastic you speak of.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I added some carbon fiber heel plates as I think they look much better than the stock aluminum pieces. See below. Also, call me old but I ordered a two brothers p1x power tip to quiet this thing down. It's fun for 5 minutes at a time but I do a lot of 100+mile days on the weekends and it's just way too loud for that. I'll report back my impressions once it arrives.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Small update. Decided that my hearing is far more valuable then an insanely loud exhaust. Put a P1X power tip in and am thrilled with the results. Still sounds great, and when cruising at constant speeds my ears feel less likely to bleed. :) Worth thinking about should you consider purchasing the two brothers slip on.

Also things to do with this weekend with pictures to come:
Moto-D clear tank grips going on
LED high and low beam headlights and city lights
LED accent lights for inside fairings and underneath.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Small update. Decided that my hearing is far more valuable then an insanely loud exhaust. Put a P1X power tip in and am thrilled with the results. Still sounds great, and when cruising at constant speeds my ears feel less likely to bleed. :) Worth thinking about should you consider purchasing the two brothers slip on.

Also things to do with this weekend with pictures to come:
Moto-D clear tank grips going on
LED high and low beam headlights and city lights
LED accent lights for inside fairings and underneath.
I rode mine without the insert for about 4 days... It sounded cool, and I even use earplugs all the time, but it got to be unbearable... Also, I kind of felt like that 'guy' with the super obnoxious exhaust so I threw the tip back in...

Love the bike man. Looks great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I rode mine without the insert for about 4 days... It sounded cool, and I even use earplugs all the time, but it got to be unbearable... Also, I kind of felt like that 'guy' with the super obnoxious exhaust so I threw the tip back in...

Love the bike man. Looks great.
Thank you!

Yeah I had it that way for about a week. It sounded freaking awesome, but yeah, earplugs on long rides and it was still too much. I'm sure my neighbors are thankful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's been a long busy weekend, but the tank grips are on at least. A huge shout out to @Chazzz for the recommendation. Clear went on with no issue. No bubbles! We'll see how long they stay this pretty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts