Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my does anybody know the average price for a Major service
15k miles (includes check & adjustment
of valve clearances)
thanks in advance brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Both myself and my girlfriend are being quoted anywhere from between £280 at Taz's in Peterborough to £350 at Cambridge Motorcycles.... The average for this area seems to be about £320ish.

Mine's a 1999 G2 and my girlfriends is a 2001 J2, hope that helps.

Adam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not long ago paid £410 for the 16k Service for an F2 95.It's a big major service so expect to pay a big price.Worth it though mine was a different bike when it came back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply's fellas, just needed an idea before they try pull my leg, thanks again

·
Registered
503 Posts
mrpiesxrayeyes - try BSD in Eye - 01733 223377.

They are race bike engineers and ALL the bike mags use them, including PB, MCN, Ride and even Superbikes come all the way up from London!
I intend to use them for my next major service due in 2k as they did such a great job on my last zx6.
They are truly superb. The attention to detail is just awesome. For example, Mark Brewin, the boss, even strips, cleans and copper greases your pillion footpegs and locks! He set my carbs and can up too, soooo smooth.
Prices are about same as Taz and Kwaka Peterborough but the quality is in a different league. Need to book WELL in advance though as their reputation gets around they get busier and busier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mrpiesxrayeyes - try BSD in Eye - 01733 223377.

They are race bike engineers and ALL the bike mags use them, including PB, MCN, Ride and even Superbikes come all the way up from London!
I intend to use them for my next major service due in 2k as they did such a great job on my last zx6.
They are truly superb. The attention to detail is just awesome. For example, Mark Brewin, the boss, even strips, cleans and copper greases your pillion footpegs and locks! He set my carbs and can up too, soooo smooth.
Prices are about same as Taz and Kwaka Peterborough but the quality is in a different league. Need to book WELL in advance though as their reputation gets around they get busier and busier.

cheers mate, I will give them a shout.

·
Registered
44 Posts
15k service

Went to a dealers locally to get a price for a trade in on my bike j2..I have a full service history on mine however the last service 15000 was carried out by an Aprilia dealer the dealer told me that the full 1500 wouldnt have been done properly ie "The big one" so offered me a pittannce really..Make sure you use a Kwak dealer or it may affect the value of yours at a later date..:O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts