Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't really post much here but was active when it was still ZX6R.net forum. I used to have a '05 6RR and it was by far my favorite 600, even compared to my '06 R6. I currently own a '07 1098.

I haven't been keeping tabs with Kawi's until recently and thinking about getting the '13 636. I saw a few posts about using the Costco buying program and I found out my friend still works at a local Kawi dealership (Vey Motorsports).

I'm still kind of in shock on how much 600's costs these days. Are '13 owners paying MSRP or 11K plus tax, license and doc fees?

·
Registered
879 Posts
well if you're looking for a '13 you can probably find one now for sub 10k, maybe in the low 9's. when i bought mine in 2012 i paid full price 11.7+fees, but when insurance replaced the one that got totaled (fucker ran a red and swiped me, a cop was behind me and saw the whole thing :), new '13s in the last part of 2013 were going for 10k flat.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a few leftover '13's from dealerships with one going for $8799 over in West Virginia. It's all black and wishing it was a green one tho.

Unfortunately, not too many green ones unless they are the '14's. How do you like your 636 so far? Any major issues?

·
Registered
51 Posts
dealers here in new jersey have them on sale for $9,999 plus taxes and all that. if your good at bargaining like me you can get that price pretty close to 9 flat lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealers here in new jersey have them on sale for $9,999 plus taxes and all that. if your good at bargaining like me you can get that price pretty close to 9 flat lol
See, TBH, 10K is still a lot if you're talking about leftover '13 models. There used to be a shop here in SoCal called OTD cycles and would sell brand new bikes for way less than MSRP and with a OTD price. It was great and they sold bikes left and right. Unfortunately, when the economy went down in '08 so did the shop.

OTD Cyclesports - CLOSED - Auburn, CA | Yelp

Now they are back under LA cyclesports but don't carry Kawasaki. :thumbdown:

I..........LOVE IT!!! it's now a 100% track beast. bazzaz QS4, bazzaz Z-FI, hotbodies, gpr v4 damper, graves exhaust. getting it dyno tuned this week.
That's awesome! Got any pics? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
879 Posts
i could have cut it a little cleaner, i can always smooth it out but cutting that fiberglass with a dremel puts shit all over the place.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The '13s are going for $8500 otd here in VA

·
Registered
518 Posts
socal is one of the worse place to buy things. the cost of living here is expensive so the average marked price around here is that 9,999 for the '13 now considering if you can still find any.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The '13s are going for $8500 otd here in VA
Do you have the name of those dealerships. At that price, flying from CA to VA, rent a pickup truck, do the paperwork, load it up and drive it back would be a great idea. The problem is, CA sucks and you're required to have at least 7500 miles in order to register an out of state vehicle.

socal is one of the worse place to buy things. the cost of living here is expensive so the average marked price around here is that 9,999 for the '13 now considering if you can still find any.
I know, tell me about it. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I paid 13.5K out the door last November. That's with the extended warranty though. All this talk about 9 or 10K is concerning; however, it suddenly all seems trivial when I go to my garage and get to drive this to work everyday.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you have the name of those dealerships. At that price, flying from CA to VA, rent a pickup truck, do the paperwork, load it up and drive it back would be a great idea. The problem is, CA sucks and you're required to have at least 7500 miles in order to register an out of state vehicle.

I know, tell me about it. :thumbdown:
They were doing that a few months ago. This is the closest I could find. Give em a call tomorrow and see if they can work a deal with you.

2013 BRAND NEW ZX636/ZX6R BLOW OUT SALE

Reactions: RRnold

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I paid 13.5K out the door last November. That's with the extended warranty though. All this talk about 9 or 10K is concerning; however, it suddenly all seems trivial when I go to my garage and get to drive this to work everyday.
That's ridiculous. Dealerships in Southern CA pitch that 'you can ride 365 days a year b/s. Why are people content with paying MSRP, extended warranty and a high interest rate. Extended warranties are a waste of money. :thumbdown:

They were doing that a few months ago. This is the closest I could find. Give em a call tomorrow and see if they can work a deal with you.

2013 BRAND NEW ZX636/ZX6R BLOW OUT SALE
That's what I'm talking about. I would jump on that deal if it wasn't for the CA DMV regulation that new vehicles have to have at least 7500 miles on the odometer.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts