Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home | Red Bull Stratos

The Mission

Red Bull Stratos is a scientific mission to 120,000 ft. Jumping from a stratospheric balloon one man will attempt to break the speed of sound in freefall

i thought doing 120mph on a bike was a rush?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You don't get the feeling of falling when you are skydiving because there is no real reference point. Its still lots of fun though. People think I'm crazy because I like to get out of planes while they are still flying.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
You don't get the feeling of falling when you are skydiving because there is no real reference point. Its still lots of fun though. People think I'm crazy because I like to get out of planes while they are still flying.
Well I assume you would get the feeling of falling the very first part before hitting terminal velocity no?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Not really, for me at least. You hop out of the plane and its just pure bliss. Yeah there is wind resistance but it doesn't feel like normal falling does, like off a ladder. Maybe I'm just weird but I love crazy things like that (probably why I ride a bike too) and its more like standing in a stiff wind or a wind tunnel.

If you ever stood behind a jet or other aircraft think of all the wind hitting you and thats what it feels like. Its fun, and not scary.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Only once.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts

·
Registered
9,152 Posts

·
Registered