Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to do this for awhile.. I am going to redo my 03 636 in honor of two of my fallen comrades who are waiting on me to join them in terrorizing hell.. I had a deer vs 636 in July and since I have been acquiring parts and planning this out.. Getting started on some of it today.

Here are some post wreck pics..

Then I fixed it up to be rideable because I totaled my car 2 weeks later and it's been my only transportation since

Painting my 06 swing arm today and doing something sexy with the 09 calipers I picked up.. Ill try to update again before work

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks good. What other plans you have for it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I can remember everything off the top of my head.. 06 swing arm with beards kit, 09 calipers braided lines vortex sprockets going to +2 rear.. Volar chain, adj rear sets, 08 shock, new fairings all around, hid's with halos, Integrated tail light, the frame and motor are going to be powdercoated/painted black, wheels powdercoated desert fan and fairings/tank painted to match.. Going to do my valves, ram air mod, clean air mod, there is more but I don't remember at the moment

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so the swing arm is now a nice flat black..

Got the calipers flat black.. And the lettering done in red.. Need to do alittle touch up on the lettering.. Ill try to get that done tonight or tomorrow

Thanks a lot to kninja for her awesome taping/painting skills!!!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well since the weather is nice, im going to put off taking it apart one more day for riding purposes.. Tonight I am going to break out the hid's and try to make some sense of them that way when I go to install hopefully I wont be as clueless

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
This rebuild is going to be awsome an I'm glad I get to be apart of helping you out. The paint job has turned out awsome so far thanks to my awsome skills :)

Edit: did I say awsome enough?? :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after I rode with my buddy and kninja today, went to my buddies barn and started making some progress

Kninja disassembling my grips for me:)

And as she sits at the moment

Tonight the plans are to touch up my calipers and give the hid's a rough shot.. I'm getting a headlight assembly from a forum member since my old one is kinda busted up.. So I'm just going to use the old one for practice

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
To lazy to take the tank off huh?
Yo 11B, since it it Veteran's Day, let me take the opportunity to say thank you for your service my man, it is appreciated, and your tribute bike speaks volumes about your character.

Reactions: emde2104

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks tony I appreciate it.. Update.. I kinda passed out when I got home.. So I'm attempting to figure out how to get the projector into the headlight assembly

If anyone has advice/tips on this I would like to hear it

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So everything was looking good, no problems..

And then I discover that my projectors are just abit to long and won't allow the lenses to go back on.. I'm going to have to sleep on this on for a few hours.. And don't worry all that horrible nasty shiny stuff is going to be flat black

·
Registered
462 Posts
Subscribing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Subscribed, Im really excited about this thread. I am also rebuilding an 04 636B. I feel like this will be really helpful for all my future endevors. Also where abouts are you at in Virginia? I am stationed down here at Langley...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So after dozing off alittle and being rudely awakened I realized that I am retarded.. When I screwed out the adjusters to get the reflective part off, I was just roughly fitting everything back together just to get an idea of how it would fit.. Well I didn't screw it back in to the adjusters therefore it was sitting out an inch or two to far and not letting the lense covers fit properly... So there is my first retard moment of the day...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Subscribed, Im really excited about this thread. I am also rebuilding an 04 636B. I feel like this will be really helpful for all my future endevors. Also where abouts are you at in Virginia? I am stationed down here at Langley...
Alittle outside of Staunton, people seem to come from all over to ride and hang out with us..

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
About time you got this thread goin bud! Subbing for sure! I'm pissed because I can't see any of the pics at work, but I'm checking it out for sure when I get home :bigthumb:

Glad it looks like those HIDs are going to work out for ya :D

1 - 20 of 357 Posts