Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i have been looking around the store because i wanted to buy a suit unfortunately they dont have my size they have small but it doesn't fit on me the knee caps protector is below my knee when i tried it. so i was wondering if any of you guys recommend me a good store or website with a good quality.
the reason i wanted it i feel that it gives me more protection that the two piece.

BTW i am only 5'1

thanks and God bless.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear

Give them a call and they'll be able to recommend a suit that will fit you in your price range. Often times they'll have closeouts with only the small sizes left so you might be able to snag a deal on a suit you normally couldn't afford.

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
Im 5'7" and all the pants I tried on the knee pad was slightly below my knee. But when ur on the bike in a riding position it falls into place.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sportbike Track Gear

Give them a call and they'll be able to recommend a suit that will fit you in your price range. Often times they'll have closeouts with only the small sizes left so you might be able to snag a deal on a suit you normally couldn't afford.
thank you! i will call them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im 5'7" and all the pants I tried on the knee pad was slightly below my knee. But when ur on the bike in a riding position it falls into place.
slightly is fine but when i tried it...it was way down my knee. :unhappy:

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
slightly is fine but when i tried it...it was way down my knee. :unhappy:
Did you get on a bike or into a riding position? That makes a HUGE difference. I'll assume you did, but at least for the education of others who might look at this thread later, the comment needed to be made

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Reactions: morpheus

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You should seriously look into getting a suit custom made for you. I've got an off the rack suit and it fits good but I did have to have it altered to give me a bit more room in the chest. Was much to tight once I put a back protector in it.

Which is another thing, wear everything your going to wear under the suit when you try it on. If you "think" you might add a back protector or hip armor or chest armor make sure you have it when you buy the suit. Mine if fine when I bought it but add a an 1" thick back protector and it became much to tight.

In the end, a good custom made suit will fit perfectly and last as long or longer than a off the rack suit from any of the major manufacturers. And they don't really cost much more than a race suite from RS Taichi, Alpinestars or Dainese.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should seriously look into getting a suit custom made for you. I've got an off the rack suit and it fits good but I did have to have it altered to give me a bit more room in the chest. Was much to tight once I put a back protector in it.

Which is another thing, wear everything your going to wear under the suit when you try it on. If you "think" you might add a back protector or hip armor or chest armor make sure you have it when you buy the suit. Mine if fine when I bought it but add a an 1" thick back protector and it became much to tight.

In the end, a good custom made suit will fit perfectly and last as long or longer than a off the rack suit from any of the major manufacturers. And they don't really cost much more than a race suite from RS Taichi, Alpinestars or Dainese.
Thanks I'll look into that. Do you recommend any store or website for costum suit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts