Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Should I fix or sell??

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got cut off by a car. Did a stoppie to avoid collision. Ended up avoiding the collision but flipping in the process. Below is VISIBLE damage and MODS I made to it. Please let me know if you think it is worth fixing or if I should just sell it. If you think I should fix, how much do you think it will cost? If you think sell, how much do you think I can get for it? Thanks.

DAMAGE:
Crack in the frame (right side between gas tank and handlebars)
Front end is thrashed.
Back end completely off
Gas tank
left side handlebars and both levers
Wiring in front probably needs to be replaced
Footpegs, kickstand bent/broken
fairings (obviously)
Jardine Slip-on pipe bent on inside

MODS:
K&N Air filter
Kevlar clutch
Power Commander 5
Green LED's (might be damaged however)

-Mileage around 24k
-Engine ok (thank God for frame sliders)
-Stater and Rectifier recently replaced (there was a recall on that bs)
-Dash in good working order
-Clutch still shifting
-New battery

Attachments

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
That bike is totaled man. The frame alone will set you over. Best bet is to part it out and buy something else. At least your alive...

...How much for that PCV and K&N tho?

DAMN! I just looked at your pics on my laptop instead of phone and that bike really got FUCKED. I'm guessing dude didn't stop? The only way this is getting fixed for a reasonable amount of money is taking your mods and motor and dropping it into a bike with a blown motor. Part it and move on...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Definitely not repairable. I did the exact same thing on my 2009..... ended up hitting the car though while on the front wheel, and I don't think mine was damaged as bad as yours. They totalled mine out and insurance paid me it's value.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, the bike is definitely totaled. Sorry, dude /: That really sucks...but at least you're okay. Bikes can be replaced, but not you!

Reactions: STU

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Sorry to see your bike man, glad your ok.

Gota say, there isn't much left of your bike. Even if you part it your not going to get much back. Most of the big ticket items where destroyed in your crash.

·
Registered
372 Posts
please dont even try to fix that, like said above you can replace bikes but not you and , part it out and get as much as you can

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sorry to see your bike go man. Do you have insurance on the bike? I would pull everything off you don't want them to have and let them total it out. (ECU,PC5,coils,stator,rectifier) Glad you are ok!

I really need a stator for my 2009 monster. Willing to sell it?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yeah dude your bike is trashed. Hopefully you have good isurance on it and get the value for the bike. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to see your bike go man. Do you have insurance on the bike? I would pull everything off you don't want them to have and let them total it out. (ECU,PC5,coils,stator,rectifier) Glad you are ok!

+1 if you had an aftermarket exhaust let me know I might be willing to make an offer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That bike is totaled man. The frame alone will set you over. Best bet is to part it out and buy something else. At least your alive...

...How much for that PCV and K&N tho?

DAMN! I just looked at your pics on my laptop instead of phone and that bike really got FUCKED. I'm guessing dude didn't stop? The only way this is getting fixed for a reasonable amount of money is taking your mods and motor and dropping it into a bike with a blown motor. Part it and move on...
IDK man maybe 250...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to see your bike man, glad your ok.

Gota say, there isn't much left of your bike. Even if you part it your not going to get much back. Most of the big ticket items where destroyed in your crash.
How much do u think I can squeeze out of it??

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Part that out man.. Sorry for the loss.. Will Insurance cover it all?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
please dont even try to fix that, like said above you can replace bikes but not you and , part it out and get as much as you can
Fixing it would be pointless huh?? I thought it was worth saving until I seen the crack in the frame. That's when I had 2nd thoughts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Yea I guess I'm gonna part it out then. Gonna sell everything I can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would you be willing to sell just the title? I bought a bike from a police impound auction and cannot get a title.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Would you be willing to sell just the title? I bought a bike from a police impound auction and cannot get a title.
doesnt work that way.

but on another note, given bikes do have great brakes, but anything over 30 mph and you can swerve left or right, faster then you can brake. if its an option that is. just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
doesnt work that way.

but on another note, given bikes do have great brakes, but anything over 30 mph and you can swerve left or right, faster then you can brake. if its an option that is. just throwing it out there.
I know it doesn't work that way. But if he is parting the bike out with a trashed frame he wouldn't need the title.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts