Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock bike except for kn filter .had since new.bike sat for a long time.ill start with what I've done so far
Replaced fuel pump not assembly,filter and regulator.replaced plugs, cleaned cap that sits on top of pump,pulled and cleaned injectors top and bottom,cleaned fuel rails and lines ,blew air though vent lines no restrictions,cleaned fuel cap and blew air through the vent on cap,no codes prese nt.exhaust burns my eyes ..as I work on it in a small shop..didn't do this before when I would work on it ..don't know if its running lean or rich.bike ran crappy at first then after replacing a few items ran worse.recleaned fuel pump assembly as I've done it probably 6 or 7 times by now each time with varying results and its running better but still won't rev past 4 k. Please any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Exhuast gasses burning your eyes is a sure sign it running very very rich

raw fuel........

how did you clean the injectors? are you sure they are all closing, is there fuel in your crankcase

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced spark plugs..and I don't think to top are spraying fuel but injectors work I've ran fuel through them while cycling them with12v...I'm thinking fuel pressure I used a mech stethoscope and can hear clicking on the injectors so km aumming they are working

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for the injectors cleaning i bought injectors cleaner put a small piece of tubing on the injectors put a valve stem cap with a small hole for the injector cleaner tube.activated the injector and sprayed the cleaner so it sprayed through the injector

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also with the intake cover off I can't see them spraying but I'm assuming its due to them coming on at higher rpms

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I got it fixed...turns out just as the other guy said...sorry can't remember your name ...
Pulled the pump apart again checked o rings and replaced the ones that looked worn.heres what fixed it .the top of the fuel pump thats removable which I've pulled apart before and sprayed thoroughly with cleaner and gone through with small carb cleaning brushes...that was the problem..packed it full of baking soda then dropped it in a mason.Jar of white vinegar..bubbled like crazy for a few mins then washed it with warm soapy water dried it out and blew air through it made sure water was out reassembled pump ,put it back on and started right up.and like the other guy said she is a beast ,pulls harder than I ever remembered..thanks again for all your help ill change the oil and coolant tomorrow just so all fluids are new but thanks again ...she's a beast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts