Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started out that when taking off in 1st it was weak! Now it's every gear..it sounds and feels like a 250 literally.....:O :butbut:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Fuel, air, spark. Could be bad plugs, could be bad battery, could be low octane gas efing with your engine (or vice-versa), could be the ecu, could be a blockage in your exhaust, could be fuel pump... I'd rule out all of these, and I'd be surprised if it didn't solve your issue. Don't keep riding it because you will cause damage. Also, check your oil and coolant for discoloration/milkiness, as you may also have a head gasket leak and coolant is getting in your cylinders.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It could be fuel ive heard of shitty like supermarkets getting low quality fuel and it almost killing cars and bikes.

Maybe get Redex and add it to the fuel and fill up on Super to count this out.

Does it sound bad like said up there if its dropped a cylinder you would know about it....

·
Registered
495 Posts
You mean valve or two ???
No he's right, it could be running on 2-3 cylinders. Most-likely it would attributed to heavy blow-by, loss of pressure for some reason, or a valve issue, but the effect is the same. If he's only running on a few cylinders it would perform like a 250.

Then again, it is far more likely to be one of the other 100 things that could cause loss of power, like the ones you mentioned above.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
No he's right, it could be running on 2-3 cylinders. Most-likely it would attributed to heavy blow-by, loss of pressure for some reason, or a valve issue, but the effect is the same. If he's only running on a few cylinders it would perform like a 250.

Then again, it is far more likely to be one of the other 100 things that could cause loss of power, like the ones you mentioned above.
Oh oh oh, I was thinking dropped as in DROPPED.. lol. Yeah I can see that. If it's running on only 2/3 cylinders, I could really see head gasket being the issue. Yeah cylinders don't DROP, so I was like :oops:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking one or two of your coils are shot and the bike is only running on 2 or 3 cylinders pretty much

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
That's stick coils right? My bike has coil packs so if one was dead, the bike just wouldn't start up
Mmmm I'm not 100% positive but I didn't think they were packs. If they are then I'd check the plugs

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
When it was running, are all the head pipes hot?

What changed since the last time it ran correctly?

All these people speculating on this or that, most of them Don't know what they're talking about. So beware of bad advice by the ilinformed and overexuberent post whores who simply want to see thier posts and really know little to nothing about anything motorcycle.

Can some of you just simply stop posting and let the people who actually know something give some informed advice instead of having to wade through pages and countless posts of stupidity and ignorance? Would that really be too much to ask?

Reactions: hellonearth

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
When it was running, are all the head pipes hot?

What changed since the last time it ran correctly?

All these people speculating on this or that, most of them couldn't find their asshole when their hands are handcuffed behind their back. So beware of piss poor idiotic advice by the ilinformed and overexuberent post whores who simply want to see thier posts and really know little to nothing about anything motorcycle.

Can some of you just simply shut the fuck up and let the people who actually know something give some informed advice instead of having to wade through pages and countless posts of stupidity and ignorance? Would that really be too much to ask?
my arms arent that long so that would be a challenge :laugh

anyway, like river said take a small spray bottle full of water, let me bike get up to temp and spray each header tube and see if the water steams off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts