Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

09 Headlight Harness Question?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Scorpi0 
#1 ·
Hello all, first time posting here, but hoping to become much more familiar with the site! Looks awesome.

Anyway, I have a bit of a problem right now and I've been searching for an answer to no avail.. I've got a 2009 ZX-6R.

I was in an accident a few months ago and I've slowly been rebuilding the bike.. Basically done at this point, but when I went to install my HIDs, it turned out my hi-beams did not work, even with the new bulbs, which I assumed was the problem when my old hi-beam bulb didn't work. I'm assuming this is due to a tear in the harness (it's the side I went down on.. Well, the side I went down *first* on before the bike decided to do some barrel rolls.)

So my question is this.. Is the wiring harness for the hi-beams (or the headlights in general) separate from the main harness? I've had no luck finding it on any parts diagrams from any site, but I've also had no luck trying to spot it on the main harness diagram.

If it is part of the main harness, could someone please instruct me as to how I would locate it? I'm guessing if that's the case, my best bet is to buy a used harness and salvage the part I need, so obviously I would want to make sure it was present on any used main harness I might buy and not removed for whatever reason.

If it is indeed a separate part, what diagram category would it be under or what part number should I search for?

Sorry if this is confusing or poorly explained, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person but I'm learning, I appreciate any help that anyone can offer! Thank you very much in advance and I hope to spend a lot more time on these forums!

See less See more
#2 ·
Dumb question.... but have you tried inspecting the high beam switch? :O

It really could be that simple.

Check that out and report back. I'm pulling my track fairings off again today to do some painting so I'll have the wiring harness staring me straight in the face... I'll look around while I'm in there. :devious

#4 ·
Sorry it took me awhile to reply, appreciate the responses guys!

I'll check it out Power, thanks for the suggestion.

Dang, I had a feeling it was part of the main harness. That makes things much more difficult.. Gotta find one with it still attached.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.